My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Tasty Pot Buffet Steamboat and Klang Bak Kut Teh

Small Talk: I realised I’ve been writing a lot about food lately. Hmm...


 

 

Just before my (merely one week) trimester break ended, I spent my weekend at Sunway/Subang Jaya again and this time around we went to several places to makan.

On Friday night, we had steamboat buffet at Tasty Pot Buffet Steamboat Restaurant located at the Mentari Business Park. It cost about RM 27 per person and you can choose up to three different types of soup boiled in one pot.

Tasty Pot Buffet BBQ Steamboat Restaurant, Mentari Court, Sunway, Petaling Jaya, steamboat, good food

We chose the Tom Yam soup, normal chicken soup and soya soup. As awkward as it sounds, soya soup is what they claimed to be the first in Malaysia and is like their specialty. However, we found it so unique that we left it boiling alone.

The Tom Yam soup was a bit too spicy whilst the chicken soup tasted just nice. I didn’t go to the max that night because I had a freaking ulcer developing under my tongue and a small wound on my gum. What a waste, but still, I managed to eat plenty of their famous BBQ chicken wings. Ahh, that, I tell you, is a MUST to try when you’re dining there.

The next morning, (this is gonna sound really crazy) we woke up as early as six in the morning and drove all the way from Subang Jaya to Klang for the food which our destination is famous for – Bak Kut Teh.

Klang, bak kut teh, seraphsam, mervyn, taylors PJ

Having Bak Kut Teh early in the morning sounds a lot like old people isn’t it? Lol, but well, sometimes teenagers feel old too :P

Klang Bak Kut Teh

Chung, Sam, Charlie, Andrew, Eunice and I sat in two cars to meet up Mervyn and Ejinn at the Angsa Emas restaurant in Klang. Ejinn and Mervyn did the orderings as they’re the locals and we were then served with really, really good Bak Kut Teh.

Klang Bak Kut Teh, Angsa Emas

First came the ‘individual’ soup that came with pork, which tasted... “Mm, mm!!” lol.

Klang Bak Kut Teh, Angsa Emas

Then, came the big pot of soup that tasted slightly different from the soup in small bowls. Of course, yau zhar guai (Chinese fried break stick; see Youtiao) can hardly be absent with the presence of Bak Kut Teh.

If that’s still not enough, we even had another pot of dried Bak Kut Teh!

Klang Bak Kut Teh, Angsa Emas, dried

I didn’t know dried Bak Kut Teh exists until that very day, and every time when the food is served, Sam and I will be busy taking pictures before everyone else can start eating. lol. It's like a habit for us already, since we both blog. (Even though I’m a bit slowpoke.)

Nevertheless, I believe everyone enjoyed the meal as much as I did.

Mervyn, Bak Kut Teh, Taylors PJ

That's Mervyn, posing for the picture =)

It was very nice of Ejinn's mom to have paid for our breakfast. We've seriously eaten so much that it might have cost her a bomb, but still, many thanks to her.

Klang Bak Kut Teh, Angsa Emas

 

We were like hungry ghosts :P

 

5 comments:

  1. I can't see why not?? Haha!

    Wait till your midterm is over la :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog gave me tips on where to go for a BKT! I'm a BKT addict,to the extend scared to ask me where I wanted to go for dinner. Coz the answer always the same!

    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, sound a bit crazy having Ba Kut Teh as breakfast. I cant accept it.

    ReplyDelete