Small Talk: This parody of MACC is noteworthy as well as watch-worthy. Do check it out.
Last weekend, like many footy fans (Manchester United fans, in particular, me included) waded through amongst themselves to get into the Bukit Jalil National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur for a common cause – to watch Manchester United play the Malaysian selection team LIVE!
To me, it was all about Manchester United, not Malaysian XI. But please don’t get me wrong, I did cheer when Amri Yahya (Malaysian XI No. 17) scored the goals. (Even though I cheered louder for Owen’s winner.)
However, I won’t be blogging about the match yet. Today I’m gonna post up some pictures I’ve taken during their training session on Friday, a day before the actual match day.
The open training session lasted for about an hour. It was published on the schedule that the Malaysian XI team would be having their open training after Man Utd’s, which is at 6.30pm but due to some I-dunno-what errors...ahem...it was Malaysian XI team who were having open training the hour before Manchester United’s.
It is understandable. 6.30pm is considered late – they’d like to save electricity and save Earth. In fact, who doesn’t know that fans will be leaving after Man United’s training. If that’s the case, who are to watch our very own Bolehland selection team’s training after Man United’s, correct? Very smart. Super smart. Told ya Malaysia Boleh!
Well, nothing much really. Only that the Malaysian team received lotsa ‘Boo-es’ compared to Manchester United, which the fans in the stadium started cheering since the moment Paul Scholes shows up until the team left in a coach.
The atmosphere.. Well, of course the stadium wasn’t full because it’s only an open training session. But still, almost one-third of the stadium was full, if not half. We, crazy flers, kept cheering and shouting the star players’ name.
“ROONEY!! ROONEY!! ROONEY!!!” Everyone yelled at top of their voice.
And the best part is when Rooney waved at us, we shouted even louder as if we’ve achieved orgasm at that point. It was hilarious. If there’s a line to describe my feeling at that time, it’d have been ‘on top of the world’.
Anyway, I’ll just keep my expressions in my Man Utd post-match blog post. Haha!
Oh, by the way, Ben Foster said HI! =D
No comments:
Post a Comment