My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Wednesday, 5 August 2009

A Long, Horrible Weekend

Small Talk: I wanna go to Redangggggggggggg :(


 

Who doesn’t like a long weekend, right? Getting more than two days of rest is enough for some to even go up Genting to release their stress, either in the theme park or the casinos.

My recent weekend was exactly the opposite. If a long weekend to you means wonderful then my weekend was nothing more than a disaster.

It all started on Thursday morning when I started working at PC Fair at KLCC. It was a day prior to the actual exhibition day and we were there to help out setting up the booth. Of course we were to be paid for it. I spent almost whole day there, from about ten in the morning until 8pm, but most of the time doing nothing but standing there.

If you think that’s cool, you’re wrong! Carrying stuff, setting up booth and placing the stocks on the racks in huge, stuffy, oven-like hall isn’t fun at all. It was hot and tiring, especially my legs.

The next morning was the first of the fair which lasted for three days (Friday to Sunday). A lot of visitors were there and throughout the three days, Ivan and I worked our arses out selling the products because commission counts into our respective salary too. Which means, the more you sell, the better pay you get.

I managed to sell quite a lot throughout the PC Fair but I can’t be sure how many because I didn’t count the quantity. But the three days went slowly and it was super tiring, again, especially my legs.

Finally, the fair ended. Just as it ended on Sunday night, I started to feel ill. I knew that I was falling sick. So, instead of staying back till midnight helping the others, Ivan and I left for the betterment of my health. However, it turned out to be even worse.

That night I had fever. Not high fever, just normal fever. The next morning when I woke up I felt extremely exhausted with headache and slight fever. And I was supposed to return to Terengganu by bus that night. My body was so worn out that even when I stand up and walk I’ll feel as if my calves are cramping. It was an unimaginable ordeal.

In the afternoon, I went to the clinic on my own and after checking and all, the doctor advised me not to travel back to Terengganu first and if the fever doesn’t get any better by next two days, I must head to hospital for the H1N1 test. Her serious tone sent a chill up my spine, not to mention it was damn cold in her clinic and that already kept me shivering.

It was Tuesday morning when I woke up to slight headache and (I think) just a little bit of fever. Chung flew back from Terengganu that morning. When it was almost noon, I hopped into a cab and headed to Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC). No, of course I didn’t really hopped in. Just literally.

Did a blood test and consulted the doctor. All these were not really necessary since I already got some medicine prescribed by the doctor of the clinic the day before but to make sure that I’m really O.K. and free from virus, my sister and father insisted me to go have a check in the hospital.

Well, the results shown that I’m virus free and the next morning (which means, this morning), I woke up feeling better – without headaches, fever but still with cough. The medical fee for my blood test, consultation and medicine really cost a bomb. But thankfully I should be able to claim back from the insurance company.

On the same day (which also means today), I flew back to Terengganu courtesy of my sister who booked the flight ticket for me the night before. And now I’m typing from home with a little cough, little sore throat, but not headaches and fever.

Lesson learnt: Never overwork yourself or else what you’re gonna pay for when you’re sick is so gonna be more than what you earn :) Guess what? The total amount I spent on both clinic and SJMC is more than that of the price of the flight ticket that allowed me home, which is probably more than my PC Fair salary if summed up.

Last, but not least, I’m happy to be home and be free of whatsoever viruses.

No comments:

Post a Comment