Small Talk: Have you heard Lady GaGa’s latest song in collaboration with Beyonce? Listen to Telephone at Youtube.
Warning: Do not read this post with empty stomach or in the middle of the night! This post is about some popular must-eat Malaccan food.
---
I should’ve posted this like two weeks ago but due to time constraint and my laziness, it’s up only today. The other weekend Chung came over to Malacca together with my girlfriend, to pick up his course-mate, Charlie, who stays just behind the famous Jonker Walk (aka Jonker Street).
It was a sunny Sunday. Upon arrival in Malacca town, we went to Charlie's place and I was personally impressed by his house. It’s like those traditional type of big house you often see on television.

One small part of Charlie’s house in Malacca.
And there are plenty of CCTVs installed because the house is so big that you can’t possibly know who’s at the main door when you’re at the other end of the house. The CCTVs are there too to help prevent buggers and burglars.
We had the famous chicken rice ball for lunch. It was my second time and it just tastes as good as ever.

Apart from the famous rice ball (chicken rice served in ball shape), the chicken, in my opinion, is also the main reason why it is so famous. The chicken meats are so smooth you seriously would wanna ask for more.
After having lunch, we decided to have a drink at the Geographer Cafe. Located at one corner of a junction at the Jonker Walk, the Geographer Cafe is a perfect place for tourists or visitors to sit down and grab a glass drink and chill.

Charlie emo?
Geographer Cafe is basically a western restaurant-cum-cafe. You can have lunch or dinner there too if you want to. And it’s mostly crowded with foreign tourists.
We went in and ordered Kilkenny for three. I don’t know beer but it certainly tasted better than Heineken.

No no no Charlie no emo
Next, we went to the jetty which is located just beside Holiday Inn Malacca.

The view there was so-so and it wasn’t pleasant to see a huge but dead lizard (four-legged snake, aka biawok) near the shore. No pictures because it was too disgusting.
But of course I believe the view will be a lot better at night with the lights of the Eye On Malaysia.
Nothing much to do there other than looking at the sea and some cargo ships and we had no time for karaoke so we ended up doing ‘the teenager thing’.

I don’t poke balls as good as I pose. Maybe my eyes are crooked that’s why I very often fail to pocket the balls. Now, tell me what’s a crooked eye??
It was started to get boring. Luckily it was then almost evening and the perfect time for...

SATAY CELUP!!
Capitol was having long queue as ever (why it seems like they never have no queues at all?!?!) so we headed to Ban Lee Siang at Jln Ong Kim Wee. Also, it was my second time there. The first time was earlier this year with Ahmike.

We ate quite a lot. If I recall correctly, the total bill was more than RM50 for just the four of us.

And that was considered our dinner already.
By the way, we actually went to have some cendol near the Red House’s clock tower but I didn’t take any pictures of it =P
There are a lot more Malaccan food to be explored but half a day was not enough albeit the capacity of our tummies can take it. No worries though, for I’m sure they’ll be back for more!
Wow, what a temptation....I missed Satay Celup so much. Didn't have a chance to visit Geographer. Can't wait for your next visit. Please post more.
ReplyDeleteHey Steven! Joanne here from Student Publication Board of MMU. Just wondering if you would like to join us? As a photographer and/or writer. We produce MMU's yearbook and weekly newsletter. Our website is at http://nexus.mmu.edu.my/
ReplyDeleteThough it's not exactly the best way to promote a club, you can use our D80 to cover events!!!! Haha.. Drop me a msg at 0165939729 if you're interested. Thanks!