Reality check, resolutions check. Let’s see if I’ve followed what I said.
In January 21st, I wrote a piece of article entitled ‘Resolutions Resolutions’. It consists of a list of New Year resolutions of mine and my New Year wish list.
The five resolutions I’ve mentioned are:
- to host my own blog
- to study well
- to join a half-marathon
- to get a DSLR
- to travel more.
Out of five, I only succeeded in one, or maybe one and a half. I did not manage to host my own blog, I did not join a half-marathon, I did not buy a DSLR and I do not think I studied really well, even though my results have been.. not bad. However, I did manage to travel some places this year, even though not that much, and even though I didn’t get to go to Phuket Island :P
Let’s have a look at the wish list:
- DSLR
- Adidas futsal shoes
- running shoes
- laptop
- a backpack.
Two checked out of five: laptop and backpack. Not really a backpack, just a travelling bag that resembles backpack. It stores quite plenty of stuff too. Got it for RM 99 from Parkson Melaka Mall.
Okay, now, all shits aside, let’s have a peek at what happened in 2009.
During early of the year, I entered Multimedia University to read Foundation in I.T. course. To date, I’ve finished two trimesters and finals for trimester three will be coming in less than a month’s time. Then, I’ll graduate from foundation studies and proceed to degree level at the Cyberjaya campus where I’ll most probably be doing Info System Engineering.
I joined the Voices Debating Society out of curiosity and I wanted to expose myself more to public speaking. (It can be a good way to train the thickness of your face skin.) Attended two major tourneys and was part of the organising committee of the 1st Malaysia Debate Open.
I flew on an airplane for the first time of my life, courtesy of my dad, for he paid for the ticket. And I went to Tasik Kenyir for sight-viewing and to find out that Nasi Dagang there sucks, and had fun in Pulau Kapas.
In May, Didier Drogba, the Chelsea striker, made the headlines for swearing on TV after Chelsea lost 1-0 to Barcelona, courtesy of Iniesta’s shot – the only shot by Barca in the game, in the Champions League semi-final. Feeling unsatisfied and unjustified, Drogba mocked the referee and started swearing at the camera. The funny part is actually the hip hop remix version some people uploaded to Youtube. You just can’t help to not laugh.
In July 18, Manchester United played the Malaysian XI at Bukit Jalil stadium and I was one of the thousands who watched it live. It was full house. It felt totally awesome to have gotten the chance to watch the Red Devils before my eyes. I shall never forget how Amri Yahya outclassed Van Der Sar and Ben Foster, and how Owen brought the crowd into cheers when he scored his first goal for Man Utd at Bukit Jalil. We managed to catch their open training too.
I had a horrible weekend in August, which I fell so sick I had to go for a blood test a SJMC to check if I was infected with H1N1 virus. Luckily, the result turned out to be negative. All thanks to working hard at KLCC PC Fair. Since then, I feel reluctant to work in PC Fair. I guess fear has got the most of me.
Travelling is in my blood. In September, after doing much ‘homework’, I paid a visit to Cameron Highlands – a place I reckon as the best highlands in Malaysia (Shoo, Genting! Shoo!) It was a nice trip there – perfect weather, picturesque sceneries, chilly air, and whatnot. If you want to escape from busy city life, why not try Cameron rather than Genting. It might be a lil’ further but well, at least you get screaming and yelling noise and more peace.
I went around eating a lot during the last quarter of 2009. One of the most notable eateries I’ve been to is the Tasty Pot Buffet Steamboat at Sunway Mentari. Other than that, I’ve been to Klang early in the morning for Bak Kut Teh, TGI Fridays and Tony Roma’s for dinner.
In late November, we celebrated my girlfriend’s birthday at TGI Fridays and Tony Roma’s, the latter together with her classmate who shares the same birthday. Due to my pure laziness, I haven’t get to quietly sit down and blog on it. Maybe it’ll come later on, after New Year.
In December, I celebrated my birthday at my hometown with my family members. The following weekend, I was invited to Michelle’s birthday in Cheras and she sponsored us to Poppy Garden, KL, as a follow-up of her birthday celebration. That was the first time I’ve been to Poppy.
I’m not telling what am I targetting in year 2010 yet. Will start thinking about it later on because I need to go for class now. Bye Bye 2009.
Thanks for being loyal readers of my blog (if any) and sorry to have disappointed you (if any). Happy New Year to you, to me, and to everybody.
memorable year in 2009 eh?
ReplyDeletehappy new year 2010! =)
kenwooi.com
Happy New Year 2010, Steven.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to u too, Marvin! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year and good luck in your exam. :)
ReplyDeletesame goes to u too Hock :)
ReplyDelete@kenwooi, every year is a memorable year to me. Happy New Year to u too :)
ReplyDelete