This is an inspiring story of an obsession of a young man that’s finally his possession.
WARNING: Very nais shoes ahead! And they’re poisonous. :P
After admiring it for many months, I’ve finally decided to grab it home even though it doesn’t come cheap.
The first time I got to know the Nike 5 T-series was last year when the Al-Ikhsan promoter introduced the Nike 5 Zoom T-5 to me. But I was too poor a kid to afford a two hundred over sneakers.
Then I discovered T-7. The highest grade of all of T-series and costs a bomb.
I instantly fell in love with it. The design, the colour, the materials – T-7 became an instant obsession of mine. Thus, I embarked on a journey of searching for T-5 and T-7.
I checked with Nike retail and other sports stores in KL but all are out of stock. When asked whether more were to come, they were puzzled themselves. In Malacca – the famous Mahkota Parade and Dataran Pahlawan, I searched, but to no avail as well.
Maybe there’s none left in Malaysia, I thought, but in Australia T-7 might be residing. I asked for a friend’s help who was coming back from Perth. She did me a favour and went searching for my dream shoes at the Nike Factory Outlet of Harbour Town, Perth.
But yet, the search ended in vain. I was about to give up and settle with Adidas Sala before forummer mentioned about T-7’s new colour model that had just been released. He even took a picture of it.
I couldn’t wait no more. Went to Sunway Pyramid the night before I flew back to my hometown just to test the T-7. Looked, touched, smelled, felt, wore, tested, tried, satisfied. I just couldn’t wait to own it, even if it costs a bomb.
Even it costs a military jet engine. Or maybe two. Oh well, like I care.
At that very moment, I couldn’t imagine not owning it.
The next afternoon, my dream came true. I put on my spanking full kangaroo leather made futsal sneakers at the court – proudly, arrogantly, delightfully. I felt as though I was the proudest man alive.
Every touch was brilliant; ball control was almost perfect – mainly because its owner isn’t =P
Most will tell you it’s crazy to kick balls using such an expensive shoes. Yeah, I think so too. I must be crazy. Totally.
These freaks got me obsessed to a point where there’s no U-turn. I think they call it a dead-end. Lol. Nike really did their job well to poison innocent kids like me.
For the money I’ve paid, I expect this pair of sneakers to last longer than a year. To maximise its durability, I shall only wear them in the futsal courts instead of wearing them everywhere, with an exception for the coming Chinese New Year.
Because I’m so broke now I can’t possibly get another pair of shoes for CNY.
nice green shoes! certainly attractive! =)
ReplyDeletekenwooi.com
Hey bro,
ReplyDeleteI'm Zahir from Find Futsal Malaysia. Do you think we could use some the T7 images in you posting here on our FB page? Full credit to your blog of course.
Zahir
FFM
Find Futsal Malaysia
http://www.findfutsalmalaysia.com
@Zahir, I sure won't mind that, bro. Lol =) Be my guest.
ReplyDelete@kenwooi, they sure are :P
Wat up,
ReplyDeleteNice story and nice shoes i fell in love with these too after i seen these pics... Im getting mine this week.. Are they comfortable shoes?? Do you get alot of looky loes (are they eye catchers)???
Hi Anon, sorry for the late reply. I've been away from the computer for a couple of days. T-7 is the most comfortable futsal shoes I've ever worn. With that striking highlight green body, I'd say yes, they're definitely a pair of eye-catchers. It's pretty pricey as compared to other shoes but if you're really into futsal and you play a lot, I believe it's worth it =)
ReplyDeletethses shoes are too sickkk!
ReplyDeleteSick but I love it. LOL
ReplyDeletehow much is this show worth ?? im planning to buy one
ReplyDeleteBought it for RM 360. They've rolled out newer version of colour scheme then, price-wise should be the same. Check it out at Al-ikhsan stores to see if it's still available.
ReplyDelete