My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Early April Short Update (EASU)

Small Talk: Macheda!!! Macheda!!!! MACHEDA!!!!!! Oh well, I'm still being ecstatic over the win and most importantly... MACHEDA!!! lol.





The abbreviation in the title - you read it first on steventsh.com.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a view from Kapas Island.

view from Pulau Kapas

My midterm break was only one week long but I made use of my time well enough and I'm glad to say that it was nothing short of perfect and wonderful.

Malaysia Open Debate logo

I spent the start of my break with Malaysia Debate Open (MDO), which I will update on it later and then I went back to Terengganu with a friend, met some old friends, went Pulau Kapas and Tasik Kenyir and played some futsal. Seriously, it couldn't have been better.

on the plane!!

And I got on a plane and flew for the first time in my life with that friend of mine (lol) when I was returning to KL (before I came back to Malacca). Faced some trouble with the SkyBus because I didn't print out the flight booking invoice but everything was fine after that.

Coffee Bean LCCT

We even had breakfast at the LCCT Coffee Bean before heading back to Subang Jaya.

Some short post-midterm break updates:

I scored 42.5/60 for IT Maths 1 midterm test - not a bad start. Did the English listening test last Friday night - almost late for the test because I was sleeping but luckily I reached on time and I've never thought that the test would be that easy. Next, I've got midterm test for Introductory Physics 1 this coming Thursday night.

Before that, I have a presentation on Euthanasia for the most boring subject ever - Moral Studies. Also, I was rejected to get the PTPTN loan because something went wrong with either my beloved institution or PTPTN. 'Kursus tidak aktif' it reads on the declination letter, but I read it as 'oh gawd, trouble!'

Few days after getting back to Malacca I paid Cold Storage both a visit and plenty of cash. Bought some food like biscuits, instant noodles and instant soup powder. And also a bottle of shampoo. Things aren't cheap there but you get vast choice of products to choose from. So, lesson learned: go Cold Storage only if you wanna get imported goods where you can't find in Jusco, otherwise, visiting the latter is certainly a wiser decision.

Shinjuku Incident - Jackie Chan

During the weekend, I watched Jackie Chan's latest movie - Shinjuku Incident, with my housemate. Didn't really enjoy the show because, IMHO, it's so un-Jackie Chan. It's not very funny even though there's small parts that made me laugh and at the same time, it's not action packed enough. Hence my humble opinion. We thought that we should have watched The Fast and The Furious 4 instead.

Last, but not least, I skipped debate training twice in a row due to my laziness but I shall be back this coming Thursday (after my Physics test). Meanwhile, Alex sort of gave me the webmaster job of Voices Melaka Debating Society, which means I'll be in-charge of the website if the current in-charge person agrees (but I've yet to talk to him lah). So, if everything goes well, I shall be the webmaster. I know, again.

Because, for those who haven't already know, I was the webmaster of LCDS (now ELS, a high school club) for two long years. lol. I just can't runaway from it, I guess.

This morning I watched an old movie. The movie that marked Jay Chou's directorial debut.


Secret, starring Jay Chou

Secret. Also known as 不能说的秘密.

Shy, but not ashame for me to tell you that I watched this show only after almost two years it was released. I like the storyline because to me, it's not typical. It's wonderful although saddening, amazing yet touching. A 'simple but very beautiful' love story - someone at Wikipedia described it just right. And I've added it into my third all-time favourite film, after 'A Walk To Remember' and 'Forrest Gump'.

Till then, I shall go read on Physics in order not to fail it. Then only I can have another enjoyable weekend (=

2 comments:

  1. mu ptptn get rejected as well..same reason as u .. how u solve it anyway ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-applied and got rejected for the second time for the reason "tempoh kursus kurang dari satu tahun". Sigh, what nonsense. Now my dad is paying for foundation year and will try work hard, hopefully I can get scholarship for degree. Or not, PTPTN will still be the best alternative. (=

    ReplyDelete