My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Sunday, 28 March 2010

Peter Schmeichel in Kuala Lumpur


Standing at 1.93 metres and being the Tiger Biscuits’ ambassador, Peter Schmeichel made an appearance in Carrefour of Midvalley Megamall in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.


BCN12 - 19990526 - BARCELONA, SPAIN : Peter Schmeichel, goal keeper of Manchester United, celebrates after team mate Teddy Sheringham scored the winning 2-1 against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final in Barcelona's Nou Camp stadium late Wednesday 26 May 1999. (ELECTRONIC IMAGE) EPA PHOTO DPA/KAY NIETFELD

He was in town for the Tiger Futbol Starz, a football reality show aimed to discover young Malaysian football talents under twelve years of age.

The former Denmark international also made an appearance at Giant Shah Alam later on the same day.

 peter2

Hundreds of Manchester United fans crowded the booth where Mr Schmeichel was sitting while singing autographs with a few event crews watching on from the sides. Die-hard fans arrived in their Man United jerseys before 2pm and the queue was so long that many went home with mere disappointment as Mr Schmeichel, aka the Great Dane, was escorted away at 3pm sharp.

crowd

I went all the way to Midvalley with some companions just to shoot ‘the living legend’. By the time I arrived at Carrefour after having my lunch, the place was already crowded with people in red.

It was like a little Red Devils kampung there. Even kids were there to meet the Great Dane, who was one of the world’s finest goalkeeper, and to get his autograph.

kids

Oh, just realised the kid was wearing my favourite cartoon’s shirt.

Some even went as far as bringing their Red baby Devil there to meet Peter Schmeichel!

manutd-baby

To be honest, I didn’t really bother to waste my time queuing up for the autograph. The moment I was there, I started shooting until he left. Shot about 60 shots but didn’t have any which he looks into the lens. Well, that’s just too bad.

But never mind, I believe the satisfaction of sharing the photos here is more than enough, even though I should have gotten his autograph instead.

schmeichel-signing-shirt

Probably I wouldn’t be as stupid if it was David Beckham or Cristiano Ronaldo.

4 comments:

  1. Great photos and great to have a legend like Schmeichel in Kuala Lumpur

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey steve, can lift your pictures ah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why yes of course, Rizal =) Just don't forget the credit :P

    ReplyDelete