My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Stuck at Energizer Night Race

The day Peter Schmeichel made an appearance in Midvalley was also the day the Energizer Night Race was organised in Cyberjaya. For your information, Energizer Night Race wasn't a Mat Rempit event. It was a marathon organised by Pacesetters Athletic Club Malaysia and sponsored by Energizer, Schick, Adidas and maybe other big name companies.

After coming back from KL, my friends and I were on our way to Seri Kembangan for dinner when we decided to stopped by the roadside and shoot some pictures of the participants of the race. Well, little did we know that our supposedly short pause turned out to be a rather long one.

runner

The car broke down.

Just as we hopped onto the cute little Kelisa of Perodua after shooting some pictures, its engine failed to start. Tough luck - the car's battery kaputted. So, we had to anticipate for more than an hour before our friend finally arrived to rescue us.

Saga jump start Saga

We left for dinner at about 8pm; got stuck for more than an hour at the roadside because kepoci want to take pictures; and finally went for dinner after Proton Saga came to the rescue; we ended up arriving home after 11pm. More than three hours of trip for dinner. How awesome!



But it wasn't that wasteful a trip. We took a lot of shots and got some really nice ones, and although it was hot, we had our fair share of 'fun' too. Lol.



You see, running is a fun thing to do. I personally enjoy running because it's in fact a healthy yet easy thing to do. Only thing I regret is that I haven't been running a lot and my belly's getting rounder these days.

When people run a marathon and out of nowhere there's a photographer snapping away their pictures as they run, their reactions vary from one to another.

During the race, I realised that most of the runners enjoyed being shot. So much that they even showed us fingers - like the 'L' sign.



Geez. Did he mean 'Loser'? Lol. Perhaps it's just his trademark sign. And oh, by the way, the funny guy in Doraemon sweater behind the runner is my friend. Just can't resist to be in the frame too.

Some runners were plain serious runners. Especially those of the elders.

serious runner

Older = More experience = Mature = Serious face. As far as football/futsal is serious business to me, running appears to be serious business to the unker too. =)

And then we have some who concentrated 110% in running while showing their...







six packs runner

SIX PACKS.

Awesome isn't it?? Irresistible even for the gays. Alright girls, you can stop drooling liao.

On another note, some runners were so friendly they smiled while posing for the camera.



You see the je je.. Damn bersemangat one.

And I spotted this leng chai gor gor running with his tired-like-hell face.

Smashpop running

Who looked really familiar when I reviewed the images. Well, apparently it was Jason of Smashpop.net. What a coincidence but too bad the image isn't well-focused.

There are more images but I just picked a few presentable ones. BTW, all images were captured using my senior's Canon 450D with kit lens and Nissin I-don't-know-what-model flashgun. My friend and I kept shooting until the flashgun ran out of battery. I believe that clearly shows how long the wait was.




All in all, it wasn't a bad experience after all for I managed to learn some tricks while shooting in very little light condition.

1 comment: