The last time I donated blood before the recent one was my very first time.
It was at the National Service camp and I just felt like donating even though the process looks scary, just like the needle itself. However, as stupid as it sounds like, I actually created a scene when the needle was poked into my vein, you should see my silly face expression.
A friend of mine recorded it for me. I wanted to keep it as a memory of me donating blood for the first time. Steven being silly at his best.
Anyway, two weeks ago there was a blood donation drive in my university so I thought I had to donate this time around since the last time I did it was (365 times 2) days ago; and so I did, with some classmates.
Matt and Chun Ann: the ghey partners
With the tiny red booklet in hand, I proudly stepped into the hall and filled up the forms before going through the standard processes of checking my blood prior to donating blood.
My second time! ^^v
The nurses were quite friendly. We even cracked jokes as our warm blood flowed through the fine tube from our veins into the rubber packet. Before we realised, it was done in not even fifteen minutes.
In the end, I was left with this minute incision on my arm.
And I was rewarded with a certificate of appreciation and some goodies.
Also, I brought home a hamper worth RM50 courtesy of the National Blood Bank.
Yes, no, your head.
If can get a hamper each time I donate blood then I every three months confirm visit hospital on time okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment