My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Friday, 24 September 2010

DiGi iPhone 4 Me

Following the launch of DiGi iPhone 4, the telco has actually making the Nuffnang bloggers all go wild because they’re bloody giving away FREE iPhone to a lucky blogger! It’s just too damn awesome, isn’t it? And being one of many so called bloggers, I’d of course wanna try my luck too by participating.

Seriously, Apple has started giving the people sleepless nights since they’ve rolled out the first version of iPhone. And the world started to be so into this devilish gadget.

Steve Jobs is damn awesome.


iphone 4_wwdc 2010
[Source]

Anyway, here are five reasons why I want an iPhone 4 from DiGi.


1. I Am Greedy And I Want A New Phone

Despite having the number 4 in its name, that doesn’t make it any less interesting a gadget to own. Mind you, number 4 isn’t a favourite digit among Chinese because it sounds similar as the word ‘die’ in Mandarin - which is why you see 3A and 13A buttons in lifts apartments or office buildings.

So $%@! that #4, I want an iPhone 4 because I wanna ditch my 3-year-old Nokia 1200 already. It’s not that it hasn’t serve me well - in fact, it was the best phone I’ve had so far, minus the fact that it doesn’t have a colour screen, it doesn’t have a touch screen, it doesn’t have a camera, just to name a few.

The bottom line is, my current phone doesn’t have anything but the perfect function to call and to text.

Entertainment wise, it has this sad Pocket Carrom that only sad people like me play before bed. :(

That’s nothing you said??



Carrom 3D on iPhone
[Source]

Dude, people are playing it in 3D already, okay?



I know, I know, I’m good whiner, rite? Well, c’mon who doesn’t want to be stuffed with cool stuff especially when it’s FREE?! Even one who owns an iPhone 3GS would participate in line for a free iPhone 4 from DiGi because...




greed
[Source]

...face it, it’s natural.


2. I Want To Be Happy (And I’m also envious and kiasu)

Look, the iPhone 4 is awesome. Like, super duper awesome. It’s cool, it’s amazing, it’s fantastic, it’s awesome. It has fabulous functions, fawesome features, and amazing apps. People around me have been revolutionised themselves for the past years.

I mean, of course they don’t get their brain memory or brain processing power upgraded and sorts, what I’m trying to say is that people have started showing off their latest Apple iPhone since it was first rolled out.

I also want.

I read the news, I read the blogs, and I read about all those hypes and excitements and rumours of the release of Apple iPhone 4 in Malaysia even months before its actual release day. The launch were crowded by people who wanted to be among the first to own Apple iPhone 4.

So I thought, ‘Fish you, I want it too! :@’ I don’t want to be the first 100, first 300 or neither do I wanna be among the first 1000 owners - I just want one lol.


baby playing Apple iPad
Even this baby gets to play with an Apple iPad. Lucky baby. [Source]


But then again, who am I but a student from average income family who’s lucky enough to already be in pursue of a degree in a private university. Tuition fees always come first before everything else. You can’t expect me to spend my study loan for an iPhone 4, rite? Or maybe...


Temptations
[Source]


Noooo... Must... Resist... Tem...pta...tion...

Alright the thing is I’m envious, I’m jealous and I feel so left out without an Apple iPhone 4. I want one because I wanna be able to show it off to the world (minus the snatch thieves), I wanna be part of the current trend, and I wanna be among the cool kids who own cool gadgets (well, in this case it’s just one - that’s the Apple iPhone 4).

Seriously, I sound so despo, donch I? But I believe the ultimate ingredient to a great life, apart from sex, is to be happy!


3. I Am As Playful As A Cat

That is stupid simile. I’m never a cat. I’m a dragon.


dragon
[Source]

And I love games as much as Barney Stinson loves women, and as much as Tiger Woods loves vaginas. I watched the Apple’s recent special event, which was when the new Apple iPod 4th generation was announced, and I was amazed by the new Game Center that has been included in iOS 4.

The demo by the Mr Mike Capps, the president of Epic Games, was super awesome. Never have I thought playing a game on an Apple iPhone can be as surreal as playing it on a console!

That’s just truly amazing.


With Apple iPhone 4, I don’t have to spend on a console like Nintendo Wii, nor will I have to spend on a Sony PSP - simply because iPhone 4 is all it takes to keep me entertained. Sometimes, blogging all day and night can be boring alright, so we bloggers need gadgets for entertainments too! =)

Apart from entertainment, Apple iPhone 4 is a tool of convenience. Updating my Twitter account, checking what’s up on Facebook, getting updates of live football match scores - just to name a few - are all easily done from your palm, with an iPhone on it of course. Who doesn’t want such convenience? It’s crazy.

It’s insane to realise how technology has made me so lazy. Or is it my laziness that’s having me crazing for an Apple iPhone 4? *rolles eyes*


4. I Am A Self-Conscious Person

What Elkind said is true. Adolescent like me are self-conscious and we sometimes do feel as if there’s imaginary audience.

I have been watching too much Gossip Girl I think, but deep inside me, I know that I’m somewhat a self-conscious person. I have heavy egocentrism. I enjoy attention.

With an Apple iPhone 4, I’d be getting more attention than usual. Imagine this, I sit in a bus or LRT while playing with my iPhone. Then when there’s a call, I flip out the iPhone and tap on the screen to answer.

While having mocha latte at Starbucks, someone calls on FaceTime! So I answer and chat with my pal over FaceTime. ‘Oh this song is so boring,’ so I take out my iPhone and start browsing through the music list by scrolling the list using my finger. And the person sitting next to me would be amazed.

Or maybe if he owns one he might flip it out and request for a battle on Game Center - now that’s even cooler!

My point is, with such a cool gadget like Apple iPhone 4, I’m more of a confident person - I don’t have to go to the corner to answer phone calls anymore because I haz an iPhone dudeee!


Apple iPhone
No, I don’t mind the antennagate problem. It doesn’t bother me at all lol. [Source]

5. It Is A Gift

This one probably cancels out all the above reasons.

I fancy Apple iPhone 4 a lot. In fact, I fancy most of Apple’s products but that certainly doesn’t make a fanboi because I never have the ability to afford any of their products. 2k for a gadget is way out of budget, and I’m lucky enough my dad is willing to pay over 2k for the DSLR I’m using. (by installment, mind you.) Not to brag that I’m rich enough for a DSLR but the thing is: 2k for a shared item and 2k for a personal item makes a helluva difference.

Because things aren’t cheap and cash isn’t easy to earn.

My girlfriend fancies Apple iPhone 4 a lot too. In fact, I know she wants it more than I do, but same ol’ story - she can’t bloody afford it. She gets all excited whenever we started chatting about Apple stuff, particularly the Apple iPhone.

Some friends around her have been using it for some time. Some even bought the iPhone 4 from Singapore already. You see, being someone insensitive is not easy, because the time you wanna act sensitive, you’re afraid that you might overact it.

I showed her this page on Nuffnang and she said yeah, she saw it already on Sam’s blog. I told her, I’mma try my luck and if I get real lucky, it’s gonna be hers.

I kid you not.

But I know there’s nothing to be thrilled about, because the chance is one in a million.


The ultimate ingredient of a great life is being happy. I choose DiGi Apple iPhone 4 over Cadbury for happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment