Low was arguing with me the other day whether Apple iPhone is superior than all other phones out there. He doesn’t really like iPhone for the fact that ‘without the apps, iPhone is nothing’.
What he said actually make sense. I believe the fundamental fun of Apple iPhone is that there are tonnes of apps on the internet or iTunes where you can choose from. From weather tools to social media updaters to games apps, there’s almost everything. All thanks to the awesome iOS operating system of iPhone (also iPod Touch).
Perfect catchphrase. [Source]
I do not own an Apple iPhone so I have checked out some apps on Apple.com where thousands of apps are hosted. To be honest, with so many interesting iPhone apps out there, it’s really hard to just pick one to talk about. There are too many favourites! :D
So, let me talk a bit on my favourite Apple iPhone app.
I’m an I.T. degree student and I’m currently based not in my hometown. Which means, I don’t have anybody to prepare food for myself (read: my mom. lol) but myself or the restaurants.
So, picking up a skill or two in cooking is proven to be very helpful - at least I don’t have to keep eating the same crap for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
With this awesome iPhone app, I can learn to prepare food in just 20 minutes! I think 20 minutes sound familiar, no? Yes, it’s the 20 Minute Meals - Jamie Oliver app by Zolmo.
20 Minute Meals - Jamie Oliver is said to be ‘the daddy of all food apps’ by The Observer. It also mentioned that it’s better than a cookbook for ‘relative newcomers and those unable to put knife to onion’. Omg that’s so me lol!
With this app, I’ll be able to learn to cook the right way, or at least it’ll be good practise for me. If you check out my blog’s archives, a couple of weeks ago I posted an entry about preparing spaghetti when I was back in my hometown. I got guidance from my eldest sister and my mom on two separate cookacions (cooking occasions, hence..geez sounds so wrong!).
Jamie Oliver’s 20 Minute Meals [Source]
Both took longer than 20 minutes I swear. So, if what the app title suggests is true, then preparing myself lunch and dinner won’t be as tough anymore.
In fact, with over 60 brand new recipes (well according to Mr Jamie O himself), and with each recipe broken down into simple step-by-step photos as tutorials, I believe this app will hardly bore my appetite for food.
Hmm.. So what’s for lunch today? Fish or tuna? [Source]
For only $7.99, 20 Minute Meals also contains 21 exclusive videos of Jamie Oliver with useful tips and kitchen skills as well as shopping lists for each recipes to make your shopping trips always a quick one.
One more thing is that I don’t have an internet connection to have the app working. Which means, once installed, I can view the recipes offline! Imagine having to have Wi-Fi in order to cook. =\
The recipe [Source]
Sounds awesome, no? Too good to be true? Well, I don’t trust things that easily but this app is the winner of Apple Design Awards 2010, which makes me even convinced that it’s one cool app that should definitely be installed in my Apple iPhone 4 (well, only if I have one lol).
Image of supposedly end product. Damn, it’s so mouth-watering! [Source]
Who knows with Jamie Oliver 20 Minute Meals I can transform my spaghetti from this:
...to this:
:D :D :D
That’d be freaking awesome alright! ;)
And this app certainly makes my stomach growls as I prepare this entry.
Of course there are plenty of other apps I’d love to have.
The Real Racing game by Firemint and the sex performance measuring app called Passion by Chris Alvares are just as awesome.
Now I wish the title is DiGi iPhone 4 Top 10 Play LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment