I'm not a Christian. But the law doesn't mention that "only Christians can celebrate Christmas" isn't it?
I've been away to KL for around 3-4 days. Departed from KT on the fine night of 23th December and back home on another fine night of 26th of December. Um.. Counted as three-day trip lah.
It was my very first Christmas celebration in KL (or, in other state/location). People gathered at the Bukit Bintang area (in front of Maybank that junction) as early as 9pm during Christmas' eve. And almost everyone there was armed with the party spray. Some even brought a big plastic/bag of the sprays with them. Thousands of people. Imagine that!
As the night gets older, the crowd gets crazier. People were spraying the party spray (actually, it's only sabun water =.=) at each other, some spraying at the passers-by, the cars (parked or just going through). What a scene.
Then some culprits, (I mean those selling the sprays) they ran out of the spray stocks, they picked up those almost empty but still somehow usable party sprays, packed them into small plastic bags, and they went.. "Tiga sepuluh!! Tiga sepuluh!!" (Translation: "Three for ten! Three for ten!"). They must have very high IQ.
However, the party goes on. When it was midnight (I mean, it was Christmas!!), the jovial crowd sprayed (of course, their party sprays) towards the sky. That, created an atmosphere of fake snow. But it was kinda.. beautiful, though it's killing the Earth!! (You know.. CFC?) That's what we gotta pay for pleasure.
Did you ever wonder why they sprayed towards the sky instead of singing Christmas songs like "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" or "Jingle Bell"?
It's simple. And easy! The people are celebrating it as an occasion to celebrate for fun. They're not celebrating for the religion. Well, I don't think that really matters, coz' everyone just wanna have fun ;)
The Next Morning
We watched the news on TV in our hotel room. The celebrating spot was totally disaster-ed. The empty cans of sprays, the stains of sabun water spray, the rubbish by and from the people, and all and all. It was very dirty.
And we have the bandaran workers to thank. They helped us to clean the mess up. Haha. Come on lah.. Once a year ma.. Must happy happy xD
Honestly, to celebrate Christmas by spraying the thing isn't a very good way. First of all, it is freaking expensive! Three for ten bucks. Alright, for some, four for ten bucks. How many hours can you use for a single can? I bet not even five minutes (if you keep on spraying lah.) That's why must know how to spray it cermat-ly.
Another concern should be towards the Earth's health. No, I'm not superman trying to save the Earth, but please consider the consequences, the future.
I discovered something. Shopping in KL is fun. HAHA.
No-lah, I mean it's nice to shop on Christmas day. There are discounts eeeeeeverywhere! And I love it when the banner/notice reads "STOREWIDE 50%". Wakakakakakaka!!!
I'm not insane =P
Sorry for 'no-photos'. Coz' I don't even own a camera.. Interested to buy me one? Haha
Hey... I got some photos mah... get from my blog lar...
ReplyDelete