My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Thursday, 18 October 2007

Friendster 'Personalized My URL' Bug/Worm

I believe many have met such problem before. That is, being redirected to 'Personalized My URL' page (on Friendster) when you click on 'My Profile' OR when someone visits your profile page. In fact, I've experienced it first hand. IMHO, I don't think such bug/worm can cause much problem to us.


Fear not. It's just a simple and harmless script that embed itself to your profile customisation codes. Follow a few easy steps below to get rid of it.

First of, make sure you're logged into your Friendster account. Then, head on to 'Customize My Page' page.


Once you're there, scroll down to the 'Add Media' column. The space where you're allowed to embed videos from Youtube/Google Videos/whatever media, you name it.

See in 'Add Media': There's some sort of code (in fact, codes with tags) in it. If I get it right, remove the unknown codes, which is NOT your Youtube crap. Usually you can see the URL "imagecave.com" in the code. If you do, then delete the thing (confirm is the bug/worm).


If you're so damn darn code-illiterate, my advice is, delete the whole crap in the 'Add Media' space. Then you're done. Don't forget to hit the 'Save' button!

And if the annoying worm keeps on coming back to you, just send a bloody question to the Friendster Team.

P/S: There are also other worms that create messes in your Friendster account. The next time you can't view your profile properly (eg. background image only, redirected to other pages), head on to Customise Profile Page and clear irrelevant codes in the 'Add Media' space.

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for more information about this very simple problem...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but I cannot open customize

    ReplyDelete