My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Wednesday, 17 October 2007

Lock Your Folders Without Using Any Software

Have you ever thought of keeping your stuff in a folder which you can lock it and no one else can gain access into it other than you yourself? I bet you do, me either.

Previously I found TrueCrypt - an OpenSource software that does the same thing as I mentioned above, that is to lock a folder of your wish. That is something that you'll need to install in your system. Now, what I'm about to reveal is something slightly different, something that has the same function, only you need not install a shit crap for it.

However, there's some homework for you to do though. ;)

First and foremost, download this TXT file. Next, launch it and replace the "type your password here" in line 23 to your desired password. Note: It's the password to unlock your to-be-locked folder.


Then, save it as locker.bat and launch it - A folder named 'locker' will be created in the same directory as the locker.bat.




Move/copy your files into the 'locker' folder and to LOCK THE FOLDER, double-click the LOCKET.BAT again. The folder will eventually disappear.


To unlock the folder, simply double-click the locker.bat file (the same thing-lah) and you'll be prompted for the password. Note: This is the password you typed in earlier.


You're all done. Is everything clear right now?

Special thanks to djdevan of LYN.

2 comments: