Small Talk: It was Steven's Expression's first birthday on last Friday (July 11th)!
The political scene in Malaysia is getting fugly, so is my face coz' acnes and pimples have been popping out of nowhere recently and now, I shall declare war against acnes!!
Music Fest happened a week ago but I can still feel the heat.

I mean the heat. The. HEAT. In the hall.

Look at how...

...they tried to cook us alive.
Seriously, the committee did a good job preventing those who wants-to-watch-but-unwilling-to-pay-for-the-ticket morons from getting into the hall.
But then in the end, it was the spectators and even worse, the judges, who suffered.
It was like 1600 police officers setting up roadblocks "to ensure security in the capital" but ended up causing massive traffic jams.
Likewise, the committee members did whatever they could to keep the hall closed "to ensure security in the hall" but ended up causing massive carbon-dioxide-filled building.

However, the Music Fest was still a blast. Talented students showed their heart for singing and
Too bad Sony Music's representatives weren't there, or else they might have nabbed some contestants back to their office and make them the future stars and hope that they don't end up like Britney Spears.

Kent and another pretty girl were the hosts of the event. Standing on the stage, facing the crowd and holding the microphones with their quivering hands wasn't an easy task for the duo.
Especially when they have to tremble their way through their broken accent. And worst of all, they read from paper notes.
Maybe it's because they're still young. Or maybe they're still new. Or maybe, just maybe it's because I'm just being fussy.

No point mentioning the hosts that much since the contestants should be under the limelight, instead of the hosts.
Form Three's Sher Rin (image above) made her mom proud by winning the solo singing category. Well, if you haven't already know, her mom is my MUET teacher.

Group singing was okay. Initially.
Then it turned a little funny when the group (in image above) started to perform.

They have real loyal supporters. It's like watching MTV Asia Awards in Genting Arena Of Stars.
Okay, maybe not.
Darn, I wish I have supporters to celebrate with when I score a goal in the upcoming football tournament.
But I know that it's not gonna happen unless I pay RM50 to those who show up to "be my fan". Hmm... Even if I do that, guys won't get to benefit from it and you know why.

I did mention about the hot dance performance in small talk of my previous post but I didn't tell you about the bboy performance, did I?
Anyway, I've uploaded the video of the bboy performed by the Advanced Rhythm Crew (image above), led by Minn Jiet, on Google Video.
I'd give 3.5 over 5 stars for an amateur bboy performance. What say you?
Last, but not least, we've one duet couple who received great positive response from the audiences. And honestly, the girl sang the Cantonese song flawlessly.

Too bad the judges weren't impressed. At all.
No comments:
Post a Comment