My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Wednesday, 11 February 2009

My Most Expensive Futsal Game To Date

I finally played futsal for the first time in Malacca.

With some friends (who, most of them, I knew just before we started the game), I played at the Batu Berendam Sports Complex near the airport, which is a brick's throw away from the place I'm staying.

Yesterday, I couldn't find any transport to go so after much consideration, I decided to rent a car and drive my way to the sports complex. I forgotten that I have to go pump some petrol (or else I might cause traffic jams when the car runs out of fuel) so I took the car about 5pm (which was the time the game was supposed to start).

Never mind, I thought.

Quickly, I drove to the nearest petrol station and after refuelling, I headed straight to the place. Well, actually I have never been to that place but before I left home, I googled for the area's map and roughly had an idea of getting there, of course, with my classmate's sort of guidance (coz he told me the direction to the place).

I thought I'd be reaching there as soon as 5.15pm then we can all start the game. Who knows...




I got LOST! @#*&$%^&!


There's a big turn which my friend didn't mention to me when he told me the direction and so I got confused when I was there. But the truth is that after that big turn, I only have to go straight for like a few hundred metres before I can reach the sports complex. I have to pay for the vehicle rental, the petrol and I got lost. You can hardly imagine how miserable I was at that moment.

So, I called Qi Hong the pilot of tomorrow. His Malaccan friend told me the correct way to go to the sports complex via the phone and I reached there about 5.30pm. Getting lost wasn't scary but it was pretty frustrating. To add insult to injury, I had to extend the vehicle's rental period which, in total, cost me RM12.

RM 12 for the vehicle rental. RM 5 for the petrol I put in (which I didn't even have the chance to finish using it). Last, but not least, RM 5.50 for the futsal game. Altogether I spent RM22 for an hour of futsal game - if you tell me that's reasonable or it's cheap, I'd smack your cheek out of your face (and I don't even know how to do that).

Lesson of the story is that one shall never stupidly rent a car for the sake of playing futsal at a place he doesn't even know where. Because you'll never know what's gonna come - like in my case, getting lost!

5 comments:

  1. Haha..Biasalah..u are still new in melaka wat. But when u lama-lama akan masak la the roads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least now I know how to get to the sports complex even though I've been here for a fortnight =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. walao~~cheap lo RM 12 for the car rental..
    u still wanna to argue ah??
    petrol RM 5~~k la..
    overall cheap lo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. i was ranting on my stupidity to rent the car on my own. of course it's cheap. but it's not when a game of futsal costs me RM22 in total. haha. the next time i go for futsal Imma get 5 people including me, rent a car so that we can share the rental. that'd be a cheaper option (=

    ReplyDelete
  5. ceh..i paid 8,60 for futsal... Euro ok... haha

    ReplyDelete