Small Talk: I started using Google Reader less than a week ago and I'm loving it. Get access to latest news and updates from around the world (and web) by just logging into Google Reader (=
I am downright pissed off with Streamyx.
I slept at 11.30pm and woke up at 3.15am, with the hope to catch the UEFA Champions League Last-16 clash between Manchester United and Inter Milan - champions of England and Europe (last season) and current leader of Serie A (Italian league), respectively. But to my disappointment, I couldn't even stream the bloody live sports channel on my friend's laptop. I've tried almost all I can (except going down to the mamak and watch with the small crowd).
Streamyx, I don't know what else can I say. I think I've used up all the badwords I know to curse you. Thousands of users have been complaining at your horribly lousy Internet connection speed but yet you're doing nothing out of it. TMnet introduced Streamyx in year 2001 and it's now 2009. Almost eight fucking years and you fucking people at TM have never improved.
Yes, you did improve - you introduced faster connection speed package. At first you had 512Kbps then you came out with 1Mbps, 2Mbps and now 4Mbps. Yes, I can see something there, but mother-F, your Internet service hasn't improved like, at all! Compared to other developing countries, your Internet service is lousiest amongst all, I dare say. Even Singapore have better Internet connection speed and it's a SHAME you call your pathetic Streamyx a BROADBAND service.
Before the match started, I tried to stream the match. Didn't work out, but never mind, I thought. I kept trying. Until it was half-time and still I was trying various ways to stream the match but to no avail. Streamyx, I'm too tired to complaint already. People have been paying for what not they're supposed to get. People are paying RM88 a month for 1Mbps (as advertised) but your 'best effort' is downright ridiculous. If I can't even stream for live sports on 1Mbps broadband package (during midnight some more), I don't know how can those with RM66 (or cheaper packages) survive.
Screamyx, Slowmyx, Snailmyx, Shitmyx - you've got plenty of names given by the public. Your broadband image has long been tarnished. Whenever the Internet connection speed is slightly slower than usual, it's gonna be Streamyx's fault for sure. Period. But you're still getting business and subscriptions from users only because you've the widest coverage in the country and with that, you monopolise the whole broadband industry.
The lack of competitiveness causes Streamyx to not improve. But it's not easy to beat Streamyx, after all, they own telephone lines to almost every where in Malaysia, whereas these lines are needed for wired broadband connections, whilst competitors will find it hard since they can't make use of the telephone lines. And that's why subscribing Streamyx if far cheaper than subscribing broadband of other companies.
The nation is getting fed up. The people want quality broadband. We're sick of lousy Internet connection speed. I'm not saying that Streamyx should quit the industry, but can you guys improve, at least a little? I bet foreigners who came travelling in Malaysia and went online using Streamyx would be laughing at our lousy Internet service.
"Is this what you call a broadband connection? Serious shit?? Oh God, you must be kidding me!"
This is no-nonsense. And I wonder how these TM people still have the guts to promote their broadband services. Reaching for one million subscribers, konon. Hello, we want quality, NOT QUANTITY! And why am I ranting on this, I wonder. It's not like they're gonna read this and start improving right now and then. If that's the case, then I'd urge every single Streamyx subscriber who thinks that we're not getting what we're paying for (which means, Streamyx is underperforming) and is not satisfied with the broadband service to stand up and start complaining, as in, if you have a blog, write a blog post, or better yet, if you're a columnist of some newspaper's pull-out section, your words are louder than our voice.
Full time it is and Inter Milan drew with Manchester United. No goals scored but six bookings were made - 4 yellow cards for Inter Milan and 2 for Man United (Fletcher and Rooney). Thanks for reading from an annoyed Manchester United fan who failed to catch the first-leg of the UEFA Champions League Last-16 match.
Let's hope (and pray) for a better broadband for the nation. Seriously, what is a developing country without good broadband service? Vision 2020, eh? Heh. Nothing is impossible in Bolehland. Providing lousiest broadband in the world included. MALAYSIA BOLEH!
Enough said, time to get some sleep before class starts at ten later.
Steamyx dammn Gong Dai now.. mine same too..
ReplyDeleteutterly crappy connection =\
ReplyDeleteYou are so right....Bytheway thx for the wishes
ReplyDeletelol.. SIA streamyx. and u sleep at 6am? great haha
ReplyDelete@Cedric, no matter how right am I, they still wont improve )=
ReplyDelete@Eddy, lol. 6am is normal la dude and it wasn't the first time xD
Steven, I'm no more agreeable than what you feel.
ReplyDeleteHaving Streamyx nowadays is just like when I first discovered dial-up. You try to wait and wait...
They start new products, get more customers and never improve infrastructure.
Btw, don't get me started on their counters' customer service on complaints too.
Yea, lousiness is their priority, in whatever department - customer service with a manual LOL.
ReplyDelete