My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Saturday, 21 February 2009

Updating From Genting Highlands

First of all, sorry, no pictures.

Here am I sitting in Starbucks at First World Hotel, Genting Highlands, updating live on my trip here. lol. What nonsense.

It's a 2D1N trip called the Voices Retreat (Voices is the name of the debating club - Voices Melaka Debating Society) where some of the debaters escape from university to somewhere else where we can train and then have fun together.

Since arrival yesterday afternoon, we've debated a total of three rounds. Yesterday we debated one round before dinner and went for dinner at Kenny Rogers (my second time to Kenny Rogers after last November, in Sunway Pyramid).

At night, we were introduced to Balloons (his nickname), our debating coach, or whom I reckon as the expert debater. He had been to several debate tournaments during his time (or reign) in MMU Malacca and believe it or not, he was in the debating team which was the first ever Asian debating team to have reached the world championship finals. And that's in the Malaysia Book of Record to date.

It was a great pleasure to meet him and to have the chance to get advices from him.

After dinner we debated another round which ended around 1am and then most of us gathered in Ballons' and Alex's room just to chill out and to make some noise. I tried a little bit of Chivas mixed with Pepsi and got a little dizzy. Lesson learnt: Never EVER drink (even a little) with empty stomach. lol.

Got back to our room like about three something in the morning and crashed. Shivered through my night on the bed because it was freaking cold and I left behind my sweater in Malacca. Woke up at about 7.30am and went for breakfast before we had third round of debate. It went rather okay (for I'm still a newbie) and checked out at noon.

I separated with the others and borrowed Alex's laptop and I've been sitting here at Starbucks since 1pm. My first visit to a Starbucks outlet and tried their Latte Mocha, which cost me thirteen bucks. I know, it's goddamn expensive for a cup of mocha but it does taste nice, and let's just say I'm paying for the electric for the laptop as well as for the wi-fi access, fair enough? =)

Anyway, it's almost 4pm and I should be leaving soon. We're gonna gather at the First World Hotel lobby soon and departing on SkyWay at 5pm. Now, I just realised that I actually skipped lunch just now.

No wonder I'm feeling hungry.. =.=

2 comments:

  1. Wah all expert in debating liao.. I scared scared kalah wei xD.. My mind pusing very slow de... show us tips how to improve k.. I would like to know. thanks


    Hey bro, the photos I will send you later ya.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. mike, I'm still new lah. Have got loads to learn =)

    ReplyDelete