Small Talk: Can you write a computer programme or application? Can't? Well, the 9-year-old Lim can ;)
Before we headed to Malacca during the third day of Lunar New Year, my family and I went visiting some relatives in Batu Pahat. There, we paid a visit to two temples – one of which we coincidently dropped by and another temple which has been a hotspot for both local and foreign visitors. And we’ve been to the latter for several times since the past few years.
At first we were finding our way to the ‘hotspot temple’ when we accidentally stopped by this temple, namely the Sei Hoi Long Wong temple. Read it in Cantonese, you’ll find it easier to understand. For losers who don’t understand Cantonese, it literally means ‘The Four Dragon Kings of the Sea’, or sort of.
The place looks pretty attractive and no wonder visitors kept flowing in especially when it’s the Lunar New Year. Many of the visitors are either from other states or from Singapore. Maybe CNY is the best time to go visit temples and pray for good to happen for the rest of the year? I’d rather say, pray everyday for good to happen everyday. lol.
The decor in the temple area and its buildings are quite nice. With some beautiful statues and lots of lanterns hung along the corridor, it created a kind of CNY feel to me. And the feel feels so nice, I had to shoot them down. Using a camera, of course. (=
In front of the temple’s main building, there’s well which is always being crowded. I don’t know if it’s holy water that allows one to survive from bad times (like the economic recessions), y’know, since so many people had been getting the water from the well. I wonder if they drank it.
As I mentioned earlier, the decor in the temple is nothing less than magnificent. The statues, the decorations and not forgetting the bell. It has Chinese words sort of carved on it that let it stands out of the crowd. Pardon me, but I didn’t take the trouble to read it because firstly, I was busy shooting and secondly, we might not get to Malacca on time if I were to finish reading it. lol.
There’s a lion statue (err.. lion, right?) outside the temple’s area. The fler who takes care of ‘the lion’ said that if you touch on the lion statue’s body, you’re gonna have good luck. Good luck as in, kids are gonna score with flying colours for their exams whilst adults will earn big buck – may it be from 4D or Jackpot or whatever business.
I should’ve touched it. Who knows I might get a D40, right? =\
After leaving the first temple, we moved on to our actual destination – a temple within the fishing village of Minyak Beku, which is about 6km away from the Batu Pahat town.
This is the place where visitors come to pray and ‘touch fishes’. Yes, I mean it – touch fishes. There’s a few extraordinarily large fishes here being reared in a small pool in the temple and visitors come from all around the world (okay, not world but country, at least) to touch these fishes in order to get... Yes, you guessed it correctly – Luck.
Good luck, not bad luck. Many rumours about people winning 4D and got rich after they touched the fishes here and I bet that’s why people have been spending their precious time to drive all the way to Batu Pahat for the sake of touching the fishes.
Located by the beach, standing strong facing the Straits of Malacca, the view from this temple is not bad. Not bad for me, because I’ve seen even more beautiful seaside than this one. However, I’m gay that I managed to get a nice shot there.
And that is the place, where I lost the Nikon L11’s camera cover. @$#%^*&!








Wow... indeed, a very beautiful temple I would say.
ReplyDeletethe big bell actual consists of "观音菩萨" and "善财童子", both are deity of chinese, and that's not lion but "貔貅", a Chinese mythical hybrid creature considered to be a very powerful protector to practitioners of Feng Shui.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info MingSen, and pardon my ignorance for I totally had no idea and knowledge about these things. =)
ReplyDelete