My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Monday, 9 February 2009

Week One In Malacca

Small Talk: No pictures, still, since the portable version of Adobe Photoshop CS3 isn’t working ‘like charm’. Giggs once again did his magic, this time - against Westham. I was awed!




It’s been more than a week since I got to Malacca and throughout last week, I managed to make plenty of friends, meet a few friends and went to the town a several times.

I did nothing but sit quietly in my room alone during my first weekend here. It was a day after the orientation programme ended and I was waiting for my housemates to return from their holidays. After staying with them for a week now, I find them pretty friendly and we’re getting along well and good.

On last Monday (Feb 2nd), Qi Hong the pilot-in-the-making came over to pick me up and we paid a visit to the Malacca town, or I’d prefer to call it a ‘city’. We went window-shopping at the new mall – Dataran Pahlawan, and watched the Hong Kong comedy – All’s Well End’s Well starring Louis Koo the handsome bloke and Ronald Cheng the second generation of Stephen Chow, or that’s what I think, at least. The show was damn funny and if you love laughing out loud, this movie is a must-watch!

The next day, again, I went out with Qi Hong. All the way from Bukit Beruang, we went to have the famous He Ji (in Mandarin, or Woh Gei in Cantonese) Chicken Rice Ball for lunch. It’s located near the Jonker Street if I’m not mistaken. I find the chicken rice balls rather special because obviously, you can hardly do that at home but one thing I must mention here is that... I still find Chuan Kee Chicken Rice nicer, although they don’t make balls out of rice.

Qi Hong and I are both gay. No, really! Since we’re both happy guys ma...

Anyway, on Wednesday Mr Wan came down to Malacca all the way from K.L. on a business trip – to fix some easy-peasy system matters of the Oriental food manufacturer company. If you like Super Ring the orange colour ring snack, you should know Oriental. He picked me up after my class ended at noon and lucky Steven got a treat for lunch at the Restoran Lee, which is located at Ayer Keroh area. =P

Thursday was rather boring. Class ended real early and the whole afternoon I was doing nothing. Played football with some mates who’re mostly my seniors that evening and met Budin (not full name) – my ex-schoolmate, who was playing in the team as well.

Yesterday, I went out with fellow blogger – Ahmike, and his cousin brother. Went for the famous Satay Celup at I don’t-know-where and to tell the truth, I thought Satay Celup is like normal satay until I’ve been there, done that. It’s actually like lok-lok, only thing is that you don’t put your fish balls or whatever-balls into the soup to boil it, instead, you dip your sticks of food into the satay sauce until it’s boiled. And the satay sauce we had yesterday was indeed marvellous. (=

Today! I joined the VOICES Debating Society (or is it a club..?) and tonight will be the first time I join the members for a training meet-up. I’ve not been debating since Form 4 and hopefully I can eventually do my best in order to be among the best. Did you know that the debating team had competed at both national and international level competitions before? No, you must’ve not known that. Anyway, they’ve been to various countries for debating competitions and guess what?

I’m looking forward to that. ;)

Last, last Thursday, I became a proud student of MMU. Today, I’m becoming a proud member of VOICES. What’s the bloody point to be proud of anyway, right?

Well, what’s the bloody point to be reading this anyway? Hehe. Hope you have a productive week ahead because I’ll make sure mine is more productive than the previous week (=

Before it's too late, Happy Niu Year and Happy Chap Goh Meh too those who're celebrating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment