My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Saturday, 29 March 2008

Fraser's Hill: Maxwell Trail

We hit the road, ahem..excuse me, I mean, the trail around 9am. Ya, I know it's quite late. But too bad we (I mean, I) woke up a bit late. lol.

Let me do some intro before telling short story of my jungle trekking trip. Maxwell is the name of one of the hiking trails available on Fraser's Hill, i.e. Pine Tree Trail, Bishop's Trail, etc. But Maxwell Trail is no ordinary trail.

Maxwell Trail was apparently (I mean, actually) destroyed by the landslides few years back. The trees and bamboos overgrown over the landslides and covered part of the trail, some half-way of the trail. It is not a frequent trail for hikers.



And four of us were the heroes.

Getting to the entrance of Maxwell Trail wasn't a tough job at all. Just a short walk from the second entrance of Bishop's Trail. (Check Fraser's Hill's map for this, I'm not a regular there.lol)



Look closer, I ain't kidding. We went into the Maxwell Trail.




Yes, my dear. The trail with teh "STRICTLY NO ENTRY" signboard.

Hey, we were on a mission man! Told ya we were the heroes. lol.

If you're those people who has phobia (even slight of it) against tiny cacing-like creatures, for instance, LEECHES, you should have to stay out from the Maxwell Trail. Because the leeches along Maxwell Trail are unreasonably... I lost my word. Anyway, you can see leeches everywhere along the Maxwell Trail. No kidding!




Initially I was, I mean, three of us - Qi Hou (Ryan), William (WeiLiam) and I were busy getting rid of the leeches. There were so darn lots of leeches, we didn't care much of them as we walked deeper into the woods.



Look at my feet. FYI, this was just the beginning...




Leeches aside, walking I mean, getting into the jungle is a nice experience after all. You tend to get closer to the nature. Really close.




Close until you have to walk between the bushes, the trees, the bamboos, across the muddy trail and even... feeding a whole family on your leg.







That's Pua's leg. But the leeches didn't get through the socks. So, his legs were safe, although he was the one with the most leeches on his legs and feet. Maybe Canada-made socks are higher in quality.




Made in Malaysia? lol :X Disgusting huh?




The trail was muddy. Many leeches. Some fallen bamboos. Many leeches. Eye-relaxing scenery. No beasts. No tigers. No snakes. No lions. No leopards. No horses. No crocodiles. No Steve Irwin. Ahhh... We spotted a few millipedes. I mean, GIANT MILLIPEDES.






See? Closer to nature ma.. But I wonder where did the monkeys went. I thought sure got monkeys gao gao zhan one. lol. Like what they did at the apartment when we were having our breakfast that morning. Sorry, but no photos.

Heard that people on Fraser's Hill saw tiger in the jungle before. I really, honestly, wondered - what if we bumped into a tiger? Or a tigress? Okay.. Or at least a whelp? What to do? Run? Confirm cannot escape one. It has got four legs, we? Two each. Fight with tiger? Sounds so Hang Tuah to me. lol.






Ahhh.. I think I figured it out. Simply find a way to kick it down the hill. Confirm it cannot come back one, coz' the place was wet and muddy! Haha. But must snap a few photos before dumping the creature down the hill. Memories must always be taken away.




Can only leave footprints. Must follow the law! (too bad...or else can bring the whelp back.lol)

Here are some photos of the leeches 'under my provision'.




WARNING!!
EXTREMELY DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZGUSTING PHOTOS!!!







YOU


HAVE


BEEN


WARNED!!



They just couldn't get enough of my precious AB-type blood.





Don't know why lah. Sigh. Until today the wounds are still there and they're still ITCHY!!

Apparently, we got off-trail in the middle of the way - thanks to the overgrown plants at the landslide spot - and ended our four-hour jungle trekking about 1pm. And guess what, we got out of the jungle by breaking into people's private residence. lol.





Went over the old fence. It was already like that ar.. We didn't purposely modify the fence one ar.. lol.

It was a nice trail minus the leeches. But still, our mission FAILED! We didn't recover the ruined trail yet. Maybe next month we'll go in again, this time with the help of WWF representatives and some manpower, to clear off the landslide part where the trail was covered.






But then hor.. You know something very annoying ar? The leeches still wouldn't get off my foot after an hour of blood-sucking session. We went back to the Silverpark Resort apartment and dirtied the place (Not IN the apartment, but OUTSIDE it).

We just put some salt on the leeches and they'd start to kecut and subsequently, DIE. Hahahahahahahaha..





We even tried burning it when we were still in the woods. lol.

Okay.. I admit it. That's a bit cruel =p





Ehh!! Maybe that's why my wounds are still so freaking itchy lah!! See?? (My right foot) The wounds are still there. Still ITCHY!!



No wonder lah.....



--> Steven, Pua, Ryan, William -->
Steven teh cameraman.
Pua teh driver-cum-leader.
Ryan teh........white-man?
William teh GPS-guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment