My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Friday, 13 June 2008

Pulau Kapas

I just love being closer to nature.




...even if the nature hates me.



But I bet it doesn't. =P



Life couldn't be any better than being away from the hustle and bustle of the hectic city life to indulge in the crystal clear water, snorkelling and feeding the fishes whilst they swim around you as if they have nothing to worry even if the world ends tomorrow.




While we keep worrying about the RM2.70-per-litre issue.




Four of us - Suyen, Sharmyn (Suyen's elder sister), Ong and I - travelled there on our own for a one-day snorkelling trip.

Well, actually we only spent like half-a-day there.

When I said 'travelled there on our own', I didn't mean we cycled to the jetty and kayaked there on our own. I mean, we didn't go there with any tour guides or on any packages.

Suyen's parents were kind enough to send us to the jetty which is located at Marang, Terengganu - around 20 minutes car ride from the Kuala Terengganu town city.




It's easy to get there, even if you're not a local. Get a cab. It won't cost you a fortune, I guess. But I've totally no idea about how much the driver will charge you though.



From the jetty, we paid RM30 each for the return ticket of the speed boat. Which means, it cost only RM15 to get to Pulau Kapas from the mainland, which I personally think is quite reasonable.




Spend fifteen bucks and fifteen noisy minutes on the speed boat and you'll find yourself being on the island already.

Once arriving on Pulau Kapas, we looked for this guy named Azam Aqua (that's a nickname) - a diving instructor who runs a diving centre on the island.

We weren't there to dive, but Jim directed us to the fler.

And it cost us RM30 each for the snorkelling trip. Ong didn't have to pay since he had his own snorkelling kits already.



That's Suyen. Overjoyed.

Well, to snorkel in the late morning wasn't a good idea.

There were baby jelly fishes all over the snorkelling spot and all of us got stung so much until we couldn't stand it and we got back to the beach nearby the Azam's diving centre and just relax there like there's no tomorrow.





Suyen was having some problems with his stomach but still we managed to go kayaking like crazy flers.

Rented a kayak for RM15. Three crazy flers on a kayak. Plus camwhoring. lol.



First it was fun. Although stupid.

Then it felt like the kayak was gonna overturn.



I disengaged and the whole kayak overturned and the next thing was, everyone was in the water.

I didn't plan that.

But just before we went for our afternoon snorkelling trip (hoping for the non-existence of baby jelly fishes this time), we did it once again.

It was crazy.




Again, we were brought to the same spot, just opposite the Gemia Island.



This time around, I tried putting Ong's camera phone in a plastic bag with those sealing zipper.

Took plenty of photos whilst I snorkel but too bad, the quality was no good.




But still managed to get to snap some fishes.



And Suyen feeding the fishes.




Time seriously flies. We snorkelled for like one-and-a-half hour before getting back to the shore.

And we saw a lot of clown fishes!!

Um.. Nemo fishes, heard of that? (=

In the end of the day, we took the 5pm speed boat back to mainland. It was really tiring because I slept at 2am the day before but I had a great time on the island.




Kennysia went Bali Island. My NS-mate went Redang Island. I went to Kapas Island.


So, when's your turn?

No comments:

Post a Comment