My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Tuesday, 10 June 2008

SUKMA XII Football Final - Terengganu 5-1 Perlis

Not only Terengganu had beaten Perlis 5-1 in the football final like cracking peanuts, the Terengganu contingent also won the most number of gold medals, making Terengganu the grand champion of the SUKMA XII.



Being host has its benefits, I suppose.

The other night I was watching the live telecast of the clash between Terengganu the host and Perlis team and I really couldn't resist the temptation to be there supporting the Terengganu team with the enormous crowd of audiences.

I couldn't resist. And the stadium is just around 10 kilometres away.





I text Soo Hong a SMS. And two of us went there for the second half game. Just when Soo Hong managed to park his Perodua Kancil nicely, Terengganu team scored the fourth goal of the match. Making the score 4-0.




Thousands of people went to catch the match live at the brand new stadium and there were thousands of cars and motorcycles around the stadium compound.



I bet you can make a fortune out of all those since all range of cars were there - from Perodua Kancil to Mercedes Brabus.


Actually the early 1-0 lead got me excited. Really excited. And when the tall Terengganu player blasted the ball to the back of the net to make the score 2-0, I was amazed by the spirit they proposed.

Soon enough, just before I left home, I saw Terengganu's No. 7 player scoring from a free kick just outside the penalty area. Hell. He wowed me, as well as the audiences, I suppose.




Is it true that all No. 7 players are experts in taking free kicks?

No doubt that the Terengganu No. 7 trained hard for that perfect free kick.





Being there, watching live was something different. Something nice. Something extraordinary. I just love the feeling although I can hardly find a person of my race. Well, that wasn't the important point. Coz' the important point is that all of us were supporting the same team - Terengganu.




The passion was there, in everyone presented. They were like the 12th player of the Terengganu team, kept making noises as to show their support towards them, giving them the morale to continue playing.

Five to one isn't easy. But Terengganu was proved to be too strong for Perlis to handle.

Kudos to the Terengganu team and all Terengganu athletes for their contribution towards the state and in the SUKMA XII.

1 comment:

  1. Ehehe ... define irony ....

    Been working in Terengganu for the past 1 and a half years but when a big event like Sukma comes to Terengganu, I had to go back to KL for a kursus.

    .... and define shittiness....

    Today is a pulic holiday but I still have to work ...

    Hahaha

    ReplyDelete