
This is just so... Malaysian.
Everyone knows about SUKMA in Terengganu. And the Terengganu government spent billions just for the event and through the event itself, trying to lure more tourists and visitors to Terengganu.

I can't tell if all these are gonna be a success or not. Let's hope it will be, shall we?
Sukma comes to Terengganu and I bet most of the Terengganu citizens are excited about it.
Okay, maybe not.

But at least I am.
Today, I watched some swimming events at the Terengganu Aquatic Complex, Batu Buruk. The place used to be a public swimming pool before they started the renovation and turned the junk into

Look at the roof. And look at the new stadium's design. Maybe the architects ran out of idea. Really, it might be.

I mean, look at the roofs, don't they look alike to you?
Okay, maybe not. No, they definitely don't. Screw it.
The aquatic stadium, or they call it the aquatic complex. I don't know why, but they just love the word 'complex'? Gong Badak Sports Complex, aquatic complex and when will a shopping complex be coming?

Anyway, the aquatic complex still looks nice. I can hardly deny it.
And whoa. They even have a huge screen showing scores and standings like what they had in Athens 2004.

And the analogue clock beside the screen isn't functioning. Malaysia Boleh!
Okay, so, what actually happened today was that some swimmer from some state swam so fast as he tried to break the national record, he banged into the wall of the pool and went coma. He's currently in the ICU of Subang Jaya Specialist Hospital because apparently the general hospital of Terengganu, which is located a stone's throw away from the aquatic complex, doesn't have a doctor who's expert in such case. You know, fresh, local graduates.
And seriously, I wished it's the first day of April.
Well, if you don't get the joke, read the above paragraph again. If not, go get an Engrish course.

Yi Jean, Sharmyn, Yen Yen and her siblings and cousin were all there. And we saw Mr Toh Chin Keat being a volunteer there. Also, Mr Yan and his son - Jeffrey Yan. And oh, Mr Mohan was the MC alongside a Malay lady whom I don't know.
What a coincidence huh?
A star from Sarawak (to be precise, a Miri-born star) conquered the dunno-what-stroke-men's-swimming-competition and broke the National Record.
Hello? National Record, okay? Not any ah-cat-ah-dog-or-ah-pig can do that, mind you.
I bet you already know who the hero is.

Yes, non other than
And you might as well wanna have a closer look at the smart lad.

Click to enlarge, please.
Likewise, I got to meet

It was so kind of him to show up and to give away some of the medals. I bet he has got nothing better to do in the office huh? Oh yeah, it's Sunday.. But oh no, we're in Terengganu. (Mind you, Terengganu's weekends are on Friday and Saturday)
Alright. Who cares anyway, right?

Yen Yen brought along her younger sister and brother and her cousin sister. And she looks exactly like a caretaker, only she doesn't get paid. lol. (Yen Yen, kidding only har)
Well, nothing special happened actually. Only normal competitions, yeah, record-breaking competitions and no casualties, no one got into ICUs, and no one fell into the pool.

This cute little girl and the parents sat in front of us and I have totally no idea why did she look at me. Constantly. And the friendly parents smiled at me too. Whoa. It was as if I'm some superstar or I look like one or or Kenny Sia? LOL.
But anyway, it was very sweet of them. God bless them.
Eight more days to the end of SUKMA '08 and a week to Euro 2008!!!

Hell. I'm starting to love Year 2008. People, remember: Visit Terengganu 2008. ;)
WHOY!!! MR Steven tsh! ape lah you?! luckily I din show my stupid+gong face there.. lols~ but you missed to see the Terengganu first (perhaps) gold medal won by Carmen Ooi today!! ne-ne-de-bu-bu~ :P we sang 'ahlah daulatkan... bla bla bla there!!! how proud! wahaha..
ReplyDeleteLOL. I only knew she won the gold medal when I watched the TV news. Dunno when else free to go... hahahaha..
ReplyDelete