Small Talk: Bringing the silver medal home, the national shuttler, Chong Wei received loads of incentives from the gahmen and now someone huge in Penang wants to make him sounds a lot older by granting him the Datukship (in US/UK, it's called Sir).
Wonder if Phelps will be conferred the Tan Sri-ship if he were to be a Malaysian?
Pikom PC Fair is considered one of the most successful computer fairs in Malaysia ever.

Many locals here have always been anticipating the arrival of PC Fair. Of course those techies and enthusiasts would rather spend to get to Kuala Lumpur for the huge one since here in Terengganu, everything is tiny.

Believe me, PC Fair here in Terengganu is so tiny, you'd laugh when you're here to see it for yourself. I think it's only half the size of KLCC's Hall One.
But then what do you expect? Organise a PC Fair as huge as the one in KLCC here in Terengganu and you'll find the staffs smashing flies instead of selling goods.

Working at the PC Fair is a good deal too.
Not only the pay is slightly higher than working at supermarkets, you can get pretty good deal when you purchase something for yourself, from your boss, that is, of course.

I was assigned to a Lexmark booth. Two flers from KL and a supervisor from Kuantan were under the same roof as me but they were the ones who were in-charged of the Lexmark printers.
I, meanwhile, was selling a software that almost every PC needs.

If you said Windows, you're wrong.
Coz I mentioned software, not operating system.
Anyway, I got my hands on both Kaspersky Anti Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security. Being an internet-regular, Kaspersky is certainly not a stranger to me. I've previously tried several anti-virus programs and I've to say that Kaspersky is one of the best yet.

Initially, I was just standing there like a pole until the actual Kaspersky supervisor came around and handed me a shirt to change. He even quizzed me about some facts about the software.
And it was a piece of cake. Soon, I had the energy to start selling the product.

The shirt must have been a catalyst for me to start working. =P
I was selling this.

This.

And.. THESE!

The sales weren't too bad and that awed me a little because Terengganu people are using genuine software too!
Maybe they're too clever to crack 'em?
Or they just love supporting genuine software. Love it so much that they use genuine Windows at home as well.
Okay, it's not funny at all. Because I did purchase a copy of it as well! lol.

Visitors during the first two days were not a lot hence I had plenty of time snapping photos like I always do.

And I wondered why would a Man Utd fan go shopping at the PC Fair with a
Sorry for the typo above. Eventually, another Chelsea fan walked past but I didn't get to snap three of them in time. Or else I'll be able to promote peace using the photo.
Almost forgot to introduce the hot stuff of the PC Fair.

The Samsung 22-inch widescreen LCD monitor. Don't scold me because I forgot its model. LOL. But it's worth every single penny if you grab it home for only RM888!
Damn it. My Samsung 932B Plus cost
And Kingston 16GB thumb drive was on sale too! For RM160, you will have the ability to carry data up to 16GB in your pocket. Imagine that!
Well, I'd rather add thirty bucks to that amount for a 160GB external hard disk. How about you?
The crowd grew bigger in day three and before the day ended, the salesmen managed to hit their target to sell off all the Lexmark printers.

And they even proudly pasted 'SOLD OUT' at the booth.
Well, for a salesperson, nothing is better than having their products all sold out. Because that proves how great a salesperson is and how much is he gonna earn.
And as for me...

I just enjoy being the Kaspersky Guy. But not for a life time!
I couldnt imagine it was in KT, thats great!
ReplyDeleteand guess what? I bought Kaspersky yesterday, its better and cheaper than Norton here...
oh and now I dont want mamak food, I knew that its moon cake festival these days! Thats really amazing (and delicous)
good days
lolz. hwo much did u sell?
ReplyDeleteIs the last photo showing the amount of left-over kaspersky s/w?
Just wondering. Too eager to know. hAHA!
anonymous: hmm..yeah. those were the leftovers. 3-user license KIS were sold out. The leftovers were KAV 1-user, KAV 3-user and KIS 1-user. lol. Wonder why am I telling all these? hahaha. Thanks for visiting mate!
ReplyDeletekelly: I'll reply u at your blog. Hehe =pp
hey.. where was that? looks familiar? i never know kt oso hav pc fair.. that's kinda weird.. haha.. how much is ur pay anyway? as much as kl too?
ReplyDeletehahahhaa... da Man Utd fan shopping with Liverpool fan really caused me laughing my ass off
ReplyDeleteThe pay was slightly lower than the pay at KL's PC Fair. RM50 a day only and now sudah habis hahaha. spent like mad cow throughout the holiday.
ReplyDeleteThey only organise PC Fair here maybe once a year and in KL it's different. I think they organise PC Fair in KL and JB and other bigger cities like 3-4 times a year. Here tarak market kot.. lol. and the recent one was at TTC..um..blkg Mydin, side-opposite of Giant and another front-opposite of the State Library. =D
oh..icic.. aiks.. they actually organise pc fair in kt once a year? wow.. now only i know.. kira not bad ady.. :x i tot pcfair will never be held in kt.. haha.. okok.. my bad.. shouldnt say that.. :P
ReplyDelete