My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Friday, 8 August 2008

Ziq Delicafe



Small Talk: The whole staff room of the school thought that I was surely going to enter the cadet pilot programme soon until I cleared the air recently.

I almost couldn't think of a way to make a U-turn after receiving an e-mail from someone from the Malaysia's leading low-cost airline. Let's not give up and try again next year, Steven.

Shall we? =)




There's another reason to visit Terengganu this year.


Best Deli In Town

Introducing the latest daytime hangout spot in the town of Kuala Terengganu - Ziq Delicafe.

The only cafe in town that offers cakes with throat-cutting prices that can almost beat Secret Recipe's already horrendous price tags.

the outside

Ziq Delicafe is located at the heart of the Kuala Terengganu town (I'm sick of using the word 'city'), near the MBKT Bus Station.

And it is exactly two lots away from the brand new fifth KFC branch in KT.

FIFTH!

the inside

The cafe isn't very big, only a little more spacious than Saujana Steak House and the ambience is not bad.

You can sit in the cafe quietly without some morons laughing like horses whilst you sip on your coffee.

D'Kahwa Corner
The D'Khalwat D'Kahwa Corner


Provided with pretty good surrounding and free Wi-Fi, I don't see what's so bad about the cafe itself.

Until I tasted the food.

I shall leave the bad ones for the last.

Garfield's favourite

Garfield's favourite - Lasagna; also Ee-Jane's favourite.

But she's not Garfield.

Everything I saw on the menu seemed so nice, so delicious.

tiny wheeny spaghetti

And yes, the food itself looked pretty nice too, only if they were served in a bigger portion.

I don't know how tasty it was but I think Yen Yen took less than five minutes to finish those?

the leftover

Alright I was just kidding. =P

Fong Fong and I tried the chef recommended Sizzling Mee.

saltzzling mee

It really made my mouth water, before I actually tasted it.

The chef recommended Sizzling Mee then turned out to be one of the Terengganu's top Saltzzling Mee. The mee, not noodles, mee, was salty. Very salty.

It was as if there were two chefs in the kitchen and the second chef thought the first chef didn't add the salt yet and decided to add some and the same thought came to the first chef's mind so he did the same and it goes on and on until the mee ended up in my stomach.

Or something must be wrong with the chef's tongue.

clean and clear

But then Fong Fong managed to not waste the food despite the horrible saltiness.

And I think the cafe operator should make a review on the chef recommended dishes.

Or simply review the chefs. As simple as that.

sugar packets

One similarity that both Ziq Delicafe and Secret Recipe share is that both restaurants sell cakes at an unusual price.

But comparing the quality of cakes, maybe Ziq will need another 10 years time to catch their asses up with Secret Recipe's. Frankly speaking, the five-pharking-Ringgit piece of cake at Ziq wasn't worth the price. It was awful.

the receipt
Unworthy Blueberry Cake - RM5.00


I know I sound brutal but I'm not kidding. I'm not by any means trying to bring Ziq down but they seriously have to improve on their food.

And make sure the waitresses smile although we don't pay the 10 percent service tax nor the government tax.

Overall, Ziq Delicafe is not a bad place to hangout with your friends and I believe there's ample space to improve since it's still new.

the serviette

Just make sure you people don't talk and laugh and talk and laugh in the cafe as if your dad owns the place when you're there.

Pay a visit there anytime and do let me know if they have improved. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment