Small Talk: Chung and Ewen will be back this Saturday night and we’ll take on Johnson’s team for a game of futsal. We’re back ;)
It’s here. It’s finally here.
No, not my girlfriend (I don’t have one!). Not my new pair of shoes (no one’s kind enough to buy me a pair =P). Nope, neither it’s a DSLR nor is it that my NS friend – Low Harng is here.
The letter.
The offer letter.
The offer letter from Multimedia University (MMU).
The offer letter from MMU IS HERE!
After about a month of wait, it’s finally here. 19th of November, I applied to read Foundation in Information Technology course via MMU’s website. I remember the exact date because I printed out the reminder and my application reference number after “my details were successfully inserted into the database” (that’s what I read on the paper I printed out).
Streamyx provides us subscribers with very lousy broadband service and everyone knows it. I know it too, of course, because I always get frustrated by the turtle-Internet-speed. If TM runs a contest for subscribers to rename Streamyx, thousands will send in names like ‘Screamyx’ and ‘Snailmyx’. Or maybe ‘Sheetmyx’, well if you get my drift, that is.

So many complaints about slow Internet connection speed from me, still, I chose to go to MMU, a TM university. I know, very ironic it is.
So much for the four months’ time that I’ve spent doing nothing to contribute to the society and community I’m living in. Maybe it’s just not my year after all. Now that I’m going to register myself to MMU for the foundation year course after Chinese New Year next month, some of my friends are already out from Pre-U schools after completing their Pre-U courses, like Shi Hui who just finished South Australia Matriculation (SAM) recently.
And yet, I’m still a SPM-graduate, only not as fresh as when I took my result about 9 months ago. How funny. How lousy.
However, that isn’t strong enough to kill me because I believe I’m far stronger than that. What’s in sight of my near future is that I’ll be moving to Malacca and start meeting new people before I could get used to the place. At MMU, I’ll make many friends from different courses and know people from different places.
I pledge to go all out for my studies, I don’t wanna let anyone down and I certainly don’t wanna be a letdown. Being active in sports is part of my life, so I guess futsal and badminton won’t give my up easily. Besides, I’ve known a few Malaccan bloggers whom I’ll probably meet up or hang out and get to know each other better when I’m there. And if you noticed, my name’s already in the Malaccan Bloggers blog’s blogroll. Credit goes to Ahmike who co-authors the blog.
Very soon, I’ll be on my track, just like anyone else. Many years later, I’ll have friends who work as hotel manager, bank manager, accountant, optometrist, doctor, lawyer, pilot and a lot more. Our future is so damn bright I couldn’t see it with my naked eyes. It’s like... try staring at the sun in a sunny afternoon, you should get the picture.
Told ya it’s too bright!
All the best mate. Uni days are usually the best days of one's life. Treasure every minute of them.
ReplyDeletecame across your blog through rommels. welcome to uni and welcome to MMU!!
ReplyDeletehave fun there. i still cant forget my memories back there. ;)
and tongue piercing? no pain. i have one too. :D