Small Talk: Sorry for the very late update. I know I procrastinate a lot but I was too happy celebrating Man Utd's win over Man City. Please bear a little with me, alright? Although you know that isn't the main reason =P
If you read the above title as ‘happy sixth of December’, that means you’re forgetting something. Unless I’m a complete stranger to you, then it’s fine to not know the meaning behind the title.
An early note: Pictures are limited so this post will test your reading skill. Hehe.
Sixth of December isn’t a special date for you and me, but I still take it as a day to always be remembered. Not because it’s the date the smart Japanese cycled all the way down to Malaya to capture it. Anyway, they might have created a Guinness World Record for the most cyclists cycling together across countries with the longest route. Seriously.
It didn’t rain very heavily since I got home from KL on Tuesday. I was glad because the sun came out and made me feel at home. Too bad, dear sun didn’t stay for long because it was raining tigers and lions last night. Please pardon my Engrish.
So, about two hours before it was midnight, or before it was ‘sixth of December’, it was raining and I drove to Zies Corner to meet some of my friends who were sitting there puffing some smoke. Oh, don’t get it wrong, I didn’t join the puffing party although the cigarette box was nicely designed.
Had a cup of teh tarik that taste a lot better when taken during cold, raining day. The rain was heavier when I left for futsal. I missed Sunway Pyramid, really. (:
Couldn’t believe it, I spent the last hour of my 17-year-old life kicking balls with some not very close friends who didn’t even know what’s ‘sixth of December’. Eh, I wonder if my closer friends knew it? Trust me, I do care a lot.
Minutes before I was eighteen, I was playing futsal with some friends; When it was 0000 hour of ‘sixth of December’, I was still playing futsal; About ten minutes after it was ‘sixth of December’, I was checking messages in my cellphone with that silly smile hanging between my cheeks.
Thank you, Low Harng and Yen Yen for being the first ones. Your messages were sent here at 0000 hour sharp. Thanks also to Andriea my junior, Jenn, Wan Shing, Nien, my elder sister and eldest sister’s boyfriend. Shuen Amoi, Mae Chel and Chun Bey, thank you girls too. Oh yea, thank you too, Renee (:
And to those who wished me on MSN – Michiiru, Ee Ying and Ah Nam, thank you for remembering as well. Thanks to my so-called (12-year-old) student Sharon, Ayrton and Caleb who dropped me a comment on Friendster. I earnestly thank those who wished me (sorry if I left you out) and I hope you people have a very great day!
Do I sound like an artiste who just won an Oscar award and am saying thanks to the people? lol.
Being an 18-year-old lad doesn’t make any big difference, other than that I can change that silly kiddo face on my IC to a more macho one.

It doesn’t make me taller and it doesn’t make me smarter. But one thing I love the most about being the birthday boy is that wonderful kind of feeling when I receive wishes from my friends and family. I was truly touched by those who texted me at midnight. Reading the messages again and again doesn’t make me bored, it makes me feel appreciated, it makes me feel that I’m not alone, it makes me feel at home.
It would have been a disaster to me if no one texted in last night. The people whom I was playing futsal with have no idea that it’s my birthday, needless to say, none of them wished me anything and I had to pay 9 bucks for futsal ON SITXH OF DECEMBER. However, it was the messages that made the difference. It was the messages that made me smile my way to sweet dream land.
Thanks for the wishes, I love you all.
If you still can’t figure it out, you don’t read the title as ‘sixth of December’, you read it as ‘Happy Birthday To Me’. Now you get the idea, don't you have something to say?

Today, I am eighteen.
So what?

So, daddy, can I go Sunway again? Please?? =P
No comments:
Post a Comment