My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Guess Who I Met?

Working as a sales agent is not an easy job. Trust me. Unless you have skills or if you're trained to do sales, otherwise, stay away from the job!

Currently in Klang, I was working as a Streamyx reseller's part-time agent at the PC Fair, which was organised by PIKOM at the KL Convention Centre. The fair was enormously huge as it used to be all the time and thousands and thousands of people rushed their way into the hall for the event.

Bargains for everything about PC and technology were great. 4GB Kingston thumb drive was sold at RM48; 8GB ones sold at RM94 each, or maybe even lower! Free gifts, rebates, everything, you name it.

Talking about my working experience there, I had quite a hard time there. Visitors were a lot but the demand for Streamyx was not even 10% of it. Don't talk about (or even ask about) my sales! It was ridiculous!!

Anyway, three days of... ahem... suffering finally came to an end. And I swear I'll never take a job that involves sales. No, never! lol.

Jobs aside, I managed to get myself some stuff before the fair ended. A RM40 webcam and Sonic Gear headset with mic, which Ivan got for me at a discounted price. He was working as a Sonic Gear promoter (which earned him 3 free T-shirts and far lotsss more of pay than me!!).

And on that very last day of PC Fair, I got to meet someone. Someone who I adore the way he writes - in his very own funny-bone-tickling style. He runs a personal blog - the personal blog that has one of the most traffic in this region, I suppose.



Kenny Sia was the guy I met. A great pleasure to have met him.





I actually noticed him when he passed by my company's booth. Then I thought, 'isn't that Kenny Sia..." I wasn't sure. So I tried to catch up and have another look to make sure my eyes weren't lying.

It was really him. How did I get to know that? And why was I so sure that it was Mr Kenny? Haha...

It was the bag he was holding. The Adidas paper bag. I don't know why but I can felt that that's him when I saw him carrying that tiny bag. Maybe I saw him with his Adidas attire and shoes on his blog previously? Haha..

Anyway, I went up to him and started a short conversation, "Excuse me. Are you Mr Kenny?" I asked. He then greeted me in return and we shook hand. Haha.. After exchanging a few lines, like, "Oh I like your blog" and sort of stuff, then... bye bye lor. Haha..

I actually wanted to take a photo with him but Ivan came a little bit late. lol. Or else I really would have a photo to be uploaded on this blog.

So, this Streamyx job isn't that bad after all. I managed to meet some new friends (whom two of the girls are actually a friend of a NS friend of mine!) The world is small. I agree with that statement. Haha.. And one of the best things was, I met Mr Kenny Sia. Haha...

Silly, but that's me ;)


Current status: recovering from sadness of the loss of..... a very good friend.

This post was written in less than half an hour's time. Pls ignore any grammatical mistakes or boredom of reading it. I didn't even double-check it.


1 comment:

  1. Steven ah!!!! *jealous* *jealous*
    luckily you din take photo with him.. if not I'll be envy x1000000000000.. LOL~

    ReplyDelete