Small Talk: With issues and disputes here and there, I can barely see any hopes in this country.
That's me, how about you?
Forget about the issues! Loo San is on 8TV's website for some dunno what Ultimate Prom Nite thingy and she's one of the eight pretty gals (um..not all are) who's awaiting your votes!
Come on, people, vote for Ng Loo San!! (voting starts from 08 Sept 2008 to 28 November 2008 and online users can vote as many times as they want to!)
When you talk about search engines, you think of Google. Am I right?
Ditching Yahoo!Search aside for the moment, Google has been around us since even before I get to know computer.

Even before my brother was born. And Google is now 10. Err.. I mean, two days ago.

Through these years, Google has enlightened our days, especially on the Internet. Apart from the powerful search engines - which you can search for almost everything that's available on the Internet - Google has launched plenty of simple yet useful software in the recent years.
For instance, what I'm using now.

Blogger.
Well, of course Google did not created the whole Blogger system but I have to say that Blogger has improved into a much better blogging software since Google's purchase of it five years ago.
And millions of blogs are being hosted by Google's Blogger today.
Another service provided by Google that I fond the most is the Gmail.

I don't know how fast the e-mails are being delivered over the Internet, whether by Yahoo! Mail, Gmail or Hotmail or whatever mail - you name it - but one thing that keeps me sticking around with Google's Gmail is its free POP feature. With that, I don't even have to start up Firefox, wait for it to load Gmail's homepage and login just to check for my new inbox messages.
Never!
I can just sit back and enjoy my cup of hot chocolate whilst Mozilla Thunderbird downloads all of my new mails from my inbox. They come to me and I'm lovin' it.
I actually don't bother about their 7GB plus e-mail account space - like I need 'em?

From simple idea and simple web layout, Google turned up to be one of the biggest player in its industry. It is not just a website, not just a search engine; It is a huge business. So huge that it makes our Heritage Bay Club looks tiny.

It has been ten years, yet Google is showing no signs of laying off.
Last week, Google increased its collection of software including Google Desktop and Google Earth by releasing the company's very first web browser - Google Chrome.

The name "Google Chrome" - according to the Wikipedia - is derived from the graphical user interface frame, or "chrome", of web browsers. Chromium is an open source project behind Google Chrome.
Despite its beta testing status, I'm seriously falling in love with the web browser for its layout's simplicity as well as the time it takes to be launched and to load web pages. I've to admit that it's faster than my lovely fox - the Firefox. And Chrome has got almost everything that Firefox offers: password manager, pop-up blocker, just a few to name.

But I'm pretty sure Chrome won't take over Firefox nor will it romp the web browsing war so soon. Even the fox is trying hard to bite off the E. No, not Wall-E, IE!

Unfortunately, Google Chrome is currently available for Windows XP and Windows Vista users only and it comes with 43 different languages. And hey, they even created a comic about Google Chrome! You seriously gotta check it out!
But don't expect too much because you probably won't get your funny bone tickled as much as when you're watching "You Don't Mess With The Zohan".

Belum cuba, belum tau. So why not give Google Chrome a try? Who knows it'll turn out to be...
sudah cuba, hari-hari mau!
No comments:
Post a Comment