My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Monday, 27 October 2008

Happy Diwali To All



Small Talk: Rare things often occur and exist in Australia. Crocodile Hunter being pierced through his heart by a stringray bard was rare. A spider feeding on a bird twice it's size is rare too.

Full story published here.



Forget about Halloween, Festival Of Lights is here.

Every year, Petronas comes out with various greeting advertisements for Chinese New Year, Hari Raya and Deepavali. I believe many noticed that and it's not a surprise that I like most of their season greetings commercials on TV.



This year's Deepavali TV commercial was as brilliant as previous years'. It is about a father who earned the living of his family working as a cleaner at a flying school in Ipoh, Perak.


The wife and the son often visit the father at his workplace to wait for him to finish working. And maybe because of that, the interest and the will to becoming a pilot grew within the son since young.

"I want! I want! I want! I want the aeroplane!" That simply shows how enthusiastic the boy was.

The father's wage wasn't high enough to buy his lovely son a plane even if he worked over-time for the rest of his life but he knew the importance of education. He knew that with sufficient education, his son will someday grow up to be a successful pilot even if he can't afford to buy him a plane.


The son grew up to be a man and managed to secure a place in the flying school where his dad worked at. However, the dad wasn't around any more.

His dad was a wise man. Instead of showering him with toys and stuffs, he bought his son things that brought him knowledge.

The son finally managed to fly, all thanks to the dad's priceless sacrifices for he gave him the wings to fly.


I hope you get the whole picture of what does this short advertisement mean. Because it means a lot. (And if you know me well enough, you should know why I feel it's extremely meaningful.)



UPDATE: Even through tough times, courage, determination and a lot of love, can give us wings to fly. (See more here)

Am I inspired once again. Happy Diwali to all.

1 comment: