My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Saturday, 18 October 2008

Very The Kanasai Week



Small Talk: This year's LCDS annual dinner wasn't a blast but something turned out to be the best compared to past years. Stay tuned to my next post to know more.

And kids, if you parents ever nag you because you're spending to much time on the Internet, show them this article and hope you won't get your arse whacked.



First off, before my very busy week started, I got myself a haircut.

new haircut
It does look good in the image but when I look through the mirror, it doesn't look like what you see on posters. Maybe it lack some colours here and there. What do you think?

That haircut cost me a whooping 57 bucks. Beat salons like James De Pam, hands down. And that kicked off my kanasai week, because...


kanasai saman
I kena saman when I was getting my hair cut. RM40 for the bloody ticket and RM17 for the haircut = yes, a whooping 57 bucks as mentioned. You have no idea how loud I wanted to shout when I saw that red ticket clipped under my car's wiper.

The time of the summon being issued was 1423 and I was walking to my car at 1425. Bloody hell. Only if I can strike 4D this easy, I'd have been a millionaire.

Frankly, I've not settled the summon yet. Told you I was busy, didn't I?

papers to mark
Cikgu Lai brought the school's (also state) representatives to Kuantan for the national level Malay speech competition if I'm not mistaken and so I took over her job for a few days. Teaching BM isn't very hard because the hardest part is to keep the Standard One kids' mouths shut, even for just a moment.

Checking the kids' exercise papers used to be fun until I started to realise that there's quite a lot of papers to check whilst I was working on it. Now, that's the worst part of all. Mark till my wrist sour.

Making money is not easy.

list of shops
I took up a part time job from a KL company recently. The job scope was easy - go to the shops listed and hang up those tiny flags and paste posters and take photos of the work before sending them back to KL. Easier said than done it was.

Intel Centrino 2 posters
I had to race against the time to make sure I manage to cover all 13 computer shops and I had to go to school in the morning. Computer shops usually closes around 5-5.30pm so I only have a few hours' time a day to cover the shops listed.

First day was good. I managed to cover seven shops including those big names like Dynabytes and KJ Net. It was very tiring. However, things didn't go very well the second day when the fler from one company actually told me that he and his technicians would not be around that day and I had to be there the next day - the extra third day.

drink n drive
I was so busy to complete the tasks, I drank and drive. lol.

Worst part of all, I only get paid for two days, not three. But since it's only one shop left (and it is at Padang Midin for God's sake!), I didn't mind a lot and I completed my tasks and sent the images back to my employer. What I'm doing now is that I'm sitting back, waiting for my salary to come to me.

So much for two long, feverish days. Luckily I wasn't just chasing my tail. Yet, it didn't end there.

Whilst frustrating at my bad luck of getting the 'red paper' under my wiper and having to work extra day for that bloody Padang Midin shop, something else got my climbing the walls.

Ladies and gentlemen, lemmi present to you new friends of my tongue.





kanasai ulcer
Yes, my dear readers, I've not only one, but TWO freaking ulcers under my tongue! Well, if you have no idea what an ulcer is, it is a kind of sore that does not heal easily, and they're under my tongue.

Maybe Listerine's effects backfired. Or maybe not.

It hurts so much that I could feel my tears coming out of my pretty eyes when I'm eating. You can never imagine that. And it simply makes Noodle Station's noodle tastes even worse.

Alright that was a joke.

I've had bad, busy, tiring and painful days since a week ago and I've learnt that earning money isn't as easy as you thought so better go catch 'Money Not Enough 2' if you haven't already done so.

And always, ALWAYS put extra shilling into the meter whenever and wherever you park your car. I'm sure you don't wanna pay extra for haircut like I did.

10 comments:

  1. Hey, I got an ulcer under my tongue too, a big one in fact. But I think it's well-covered so it doesn't hurt when I eat. But it DOES hurt when I twist my tongue -,- First time doh kena under the tongue lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel extremely pain when I don't control the way I chew. Have to control and chew slooooowly. I just leave it there, tak kacau the ulcers and seems like I'm getting less miserable days. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. You didn't put the medicine for the ulcers? Something called Kenalog I think. It really works, but I'm too lazy to put it since it's under the tongue lol. You can get it in the local pharmacies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhh.. Put the chinese medicine few days back then didn't care liao. Lazy la.. Haha. My friend did recommend Kenalog but my dad said no need to buy la.. Dunno why he prefers Bonjela, but still, didn't buy also =.=

    let time heals it. cheapest method available. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Only if I can strike 4D this easy' lols!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey bro, try Bonjela. It will heal faster. Trust me, one night, and the ulcer will be gone.

    Take care! It's just a series of unfortunate events. You will get through it soon. :) don't worry dude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL very very kanasai kanasai week.. hey how to become a teacher? I need to register at the Jabatan?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rom, yeah my dad told me about Bonjela too. but then in the end I didn't use either Bonjela nor did I use Kenalog. I let time to heal it and seems like it's getting better =D thanks mate.

    @ahmike, it sure was a kanasai week. haha. never have I been such unfortunate. The school's PIBG pays my salary so I don't have to go register at the Jabatan. After all I'm just a part-time-relief teacher, not an official one =) tell you what, being a teacher in primary school is fun. haha!

    ReplyDelete