Small Talk: How often do you ask for help over the Internet from anonymous Internet users? Well, here's a reason why you wouldn't wanna ask for help on the Internet.
I almost laughed my arse off. This has to be the joke of the year.
I don't really spend a lot on expensive things, like for fashion or just for mere pleasure.
However, if we're talking about sports, then it's a totally different story.

The first ever Nike shoes was my pair of Total 90 futsal sneaker, a somewhat overpriced shoes which I bought in KL during my first ever trip to KL. That was when I was 14.
I didn't buy it for futsal back then. I wore it for CNY, functions and gatherings until it looked a bit worn out only then I decided to take it out with me for futsal. For almost four years it had been with me and now it's almost like an almost worthless piece of rubber.
So much for RM170 that I spent.

You see, the point is that I don't really mind a lot if I were to spend on things related to sports. My favourite sports, to be exact. I was playing football with barefoot all the while until I bought over Ivan's Adidas boots in 2004, before I got myself my very first, very expensive Nike shoes (mentioned above).
Things don't last forever, or should I say, long. No matter it's Nike or Adidas or if it's just a pair of Power shoes, it still will spoil one day. Only time matters. The second-hand Adidas football boots was finally torn and my sister generously bought me a pair of new football boots for my straight A's success in PMR.
I got myself a pair of PUMA that cost RM160. I was all smiles all day.
Soon, it got seasoned and futsal (indoor soccer) was becoming a trend here in Kuala Terengganu. I mean, it's been a trend at almost every where in recent years, only that we didn't actually bother to pay to play.
Somehow, things changed as time changed. Futsal was getting more popular by days and soon, we found ourselves playing futsal more than playing football. And that was when I found myself running with a hole in my pocket.

Three months ago, I bought this pair of Adidas futsal sneakers. It's the same as Swee Kim's. I actually tested his out before deciding to grab a pair for myself. The price wasn't as high as my previous boots/shoes. It cost only RM120. And I'm satisfied at what it has to offer to me.
Friends have been leaving Kuala Terengganu town this year. Many left for college in Selangor and I don't even have sufficient pals to play a futsal game. Something else invaded my life and caught my interest.

Badminton. This unique but sometimes boring sport is my second choice after futsal. You know futsal/football is totally irreplaceable. I have plenty of friends who play badminton quite often and I've been playing with them, a lot, since the past few months.
I didn't get addicted. But to repeat myself, I don't really mind spending for sport equipments and stuff like that. So, I recently bought myself a brand new badminton racket.

It's an Ashaway Nano Supreme 30 racket that cost RM140, including the badminton bag. Don't question me further, I know nothing about badminton stuff. You might as well get amused if I tell you that I play badminton using an Ashaway racket but wearing a pair of futsal sneakers.
However, it's a new hobby and I play for the sake of sports and pleasure, not to train for competitions or whatsoever. So, why bother so much? What I want is just to have my very own racket so that I can play without having to borrow from others. I just hate to use something not mine all the time, like how I did with Sean's badminton racket the past few months.
It always feels good to have my own stuff and to use my own stuff, don't you think so? Oh well, so, who's up for badminton this weekend? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment