Small Talk: I'm not a supporter of Arsenal but what I can see at Arsenal now is their promising young talents. Did you watch how those youngsters around my age beat Wigan 3-0 two days back? Did you see how Vela the young Mexican scored the third goal?
If you haven't, I'm sure you wouldn't wanna miss it here.
Petronas comes out with meaningful TV commercials during each and almost every festive seasons. Unbelievably, Pantene in Thailand did the same, but not for festive seasons, it was for their product. But still it was nothing less than inspiring.
Putting meaningful and inspiring TV commercials aside, let's take a look at printed advertisements. From what I can recall, never had I came across such cheeky yet amusing advert.
An earthquake erupted in Malaysia for the first time in history when AirAsia's CEO Dato' Tony Fernandes announced that AirAsia is the first airline in the whole wide world to charge NO fuel surcharge to its passengers when they fly with AirAsia. Not only that, AirAsia is also giving away half a million of free seats. Yes, 500,000 free seats!
Now, THAT is a real fantastic news to avid travellers. Even my sister booked tickets to fly to Macau with her friends and also with my mom. Can you see the earthquake now? (Never mind feeling it.)
If you read yesterday's issue of The Star daily, I'm pretty sure you did stumble upon this piece of advert of AirAsia.

It's a full page advert and if you say you didn't notice it, you need an eye check-up.
The only thing on that piece of advert which I favour isn't the 'no fuel surcharge' line, it is the line they put up to cheekily shoot back at their rival, you-know-who.
"We innovate, others imitate."
I reckon that a very powerful and thorny statement that might put the rival company's CEO on fire when he read about it. Anyway, that rival company's advertising department obviously didn't do their job well.

(image: http://blog.airasia.com/)
Check on the numbers and make the calculation on your own. I don't think the number circled is a fact figure. In fact, they tried to confuse the readers/consumers that their price is far lower than their rival's (or at least that's what I think).
This time round, I reckon such advertisement a failure and a disgrace. And very, very shameful. The staffs at AirAsia's office must have had plenty of good time laughing at it when they were discussing about their 'no fuel surcharge' plan.
Anyway, if you're planning to fly next year, better go claim your free tickets before it's way too late =)
Agree with you. I booked online from the MAS on the first day of the promotion, but the price did not state what it should be from the paper. I got confused and called the company. The operator told me it had sold out all. She asked me click on different day one by one to check which one was available. I was like, har? that day was the first day of promotion, how could it be fully booked?
ReplyDelete