Small Talk: Happy Birthday to both Fu Wei and Shu Yee who shares the same birthday. All the best and may happiness showers both of you now and always. (=
I wasn’t very excited that the trimester final is finally over but rather I feel glad for I don’t need to keep myself busy with equations and formulas all the time and glad for that I don’t need to feel worried about the exam itself. In short, I feel relieved that the trimester final is over.
Currently I’m in Johore – my grandma’s place. Travelled here in the evening from Malacca on a bus driven by a crazy driver and with an empty stomach. Why empty? Because I spent the whole afternoon out with my friends to Jonker Walk to get some goods for my relatives and for me to bring back home later on. And something happened that delayed our time hence we were sort of late home and after sorting things out only I get to head to the bus station. And I was too late even for a cup of tea.
After lunch, three of us – my friends and I, rented a car and headed to Jonker Walk. I needed to get something for my relatives in Johore. There, we indulged in a small bowl of cendol made of local Melaka coconut sugar (or is it how they call it in Engilsh?) which was nice but a bit too thick for me to take. Nothing could’ve been better to have an icy cold and sweet bowl of cendol to feed our thirst in the scorching afternoon.
There were plenty of tourists there – some with pretty Nikon DSLRs whilst some with pretty boyfriends. lol.
We didn’t really spend much of our time there. After finishing our cendol and getting what we wanted, we headed home. However, something bad happened that caused almost half an hour delay. As bad as it is, still, we find it rather funny because it doesn’t happen very often. Some don’t even have the chance to experience it, to be honest.
You know in KL or those cities where you have huge traffic junctions with flyovers on top of the middle of the junction and all, take for example something like the roundabout at Metropolitan College near SS15, they have several of those too in Malacca and one of those which I’ll remember for the rest of my life is the one near the Melaka Sentral (the main bus terminal in Malacca).
Three of us were in the CLK at the traffic junction and out of the blue, it broke down. It. Broke. Down. Cute Little Kancil broke down! Why?? Whadda hell happened?? OMG!!
Apparently it ran out of petrol. That’s why. Attempted to start the engine several times before making the ‘verdict’ but to no avail. Kenz and I then courageously took the spotlight and shared the limelight of the afternoon. Yes, we went down and started pushing the car.
That freaking huge junction!
We waited until it was green light then we started pushing the CLK across to the other side of the junction and lucky See Zhong (my housemate-cum-friend) was steering it in the driver’s seat. It might sound embarrassing but to tell the truth I didn’t feel that at all at that moment. Probably because I wasn’t alone. It was a great experience after all. Not everyone gets to push a car at or across a traffic junction, rite? Not to mention that we even obeyed the traffic rules and regulations to not hit the red light. lol.
Before Kenz and I got down of the car to start pushing it like we’re some Malaysia Book of Record breaker wannabe, all three of us were thinking where to get petrol to be filled into the CLK before we move on again. Sadly, to no avail because since all three of us aren’t local.
However, to add insult to injury, it was only after we’ve pushed the car across the junction and parked it at the side that we realised that the nearest petrol station was just behind us. Just behind as in about 300 metres away from where the CLK broke down. We laughed at each other when we realised that. At first we were wondering where’s the nearest petrol station and who on Earth knew that it was right under our noses.
It was one helluva experience. There were probably more than a hundred pair of eyes watching as we pushed the CLK. Hey, we pushed it for almost 200 metres okay! Don’t pray pray. lol. But, please don’t get me wrong. I don’t mean I enjoy pushing car under the hot sun. No. Not at all.
And please don’t call me when your car breaks down! Get a kuli to push, not Stevie.
Will elaborate on my trip from Malacca to Kluang, Johore in next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment