Small Talk: Won 14 out of 21 games played, drew 5 and lost 2 games (both away) and we’re on top of the Premier League table!! The spirit of Red Devils never fade, no one can bring us down that easy. March on, Red Devils!!
Congratulations Terengganu people. I believe you all have did the right thing to ensure younger generations (like me) to have a better future.
Last night, the people in Kuala Terengganu went into craze. Not only Terengganu people, I suppose Pakatan Rakyat’s supporters all around Malaysia were all happy for PAS Terengganu for their victory.

Image credit: The Star Online
PAS candidate, Mohd Abdul Wahid Endut won by 2631 majority. I believe everyone knew it already since it was reported on the news since last night. After Permatang Pauh, comes Kuala Terengganu – winning both seats within half a year’s time is indeed a flying start for the Pakatan Rakyat to take over the government.
I don’t expect much actually. Just keep Malaysians good and prosper. When the people are good, the country will be good. When the country is good, I don’t see why would the people give the government troubles, right?
Anyway, I went over to Ming Star Hotel last night after I got to know that PAS won the by-election. Why Ming Star Hotel, you ask? It’s because the bloggers team were staying there since the past 10 days. And if you have been following their blog posts since the by-election campaign started, you can see the difference between their news and the news reported on the dailies. Which is true, which is fake – you decide.
People who drove past the hotel kept honking and some even stopped to shake hands with Raja Petra Kamarudin (RPK). It’s an honour to have met RPK. He was waving and giving high fives to passers-by with a cigar clipped between his lips. I guess he must be over the moon when he knew PAS won.
The atmosphere was magnificent. It was like watching football match with thousands of people, only this time, it was the honking sound that made up the noise instead of people’s cheers. The flow of cars and motorcycles kept coming as if there isn’t an end.
One of the motorcyclists stopped by to shake hand with Raja Petra and the fler who was sitting at the back, while shaking his hand with Raja Petra, he cried ‘I love you Raja Petra!’. Some others drove by and yelled ‘RPK!!’ whilst some chanted 'Reformasi!!' and so forth.
I didn’t miss out. I took videos (see bottom of this post) and pictures of the people there and I got to take a picture with RPK too. I’m not a big fan of his, but he certainly is my idol.
Because of him, I know what’s happening in Malaysia. And he is one of the reasons that got me interested in journalism. But too bad, too bad I still want to fly.
One gang of PAS supporters came over to cheer on RPK. Many of them thanked him for his help. He has convinced a lot of Chinese to vote for PAS, I suppose. Meanwhile at the Kampung Cina area, I was told by my friend that Malays (those supporters, of course) were driving past the street shouting “Torcheh! Sie Sie! Kamsiah!” to the people there. It simply means ‘Thank You’ in Cantonese, Mandarin and Hokkien, respectively.
Now you see a Malaysia.
I didn’t stay until very late. Went to Uncle Chua for a cup of hot Mocha before I drove home. Although I wasn’t part of the team or part of any of those supporters, I could feel that kind of happiness – a better tomorrow kind of happiness. Of course they’d feel even more glad than me since they’ve gave all their effort out to pull the votes, while I merely sit at home reading updates on the blogs.
Wait till it’s my time.
At the same place, I met Ee Chia who’s also part of the bloggers team. Exchanged a few words and took a picture. She blogs at http://eechia.blogspot.com. On the other note, I talked to a young man who followed his lecturer (who is also part of the bloggers team, too) to KT for the by-election campaign. He’s from Johore and currently studying in New Era College near Kajang and that’s all I know about him. lol. Well, let’s just hope there’s another chance to meet with these great people (:
The street cooled down when clock was hitting eleven. Got home quick to catch the Manchester United’s match before I was too late. Watched second half and watched Berbatov’s header. And that victory marked a wonderful January 17.

Shou Soon had his perfect January 17 too when he celebrated his birthday with some friends, also, at the Ming Star Hotel’s restaurant. They got to take a picture with RPK too when they were done and were going home.

RPK typing SMS on his phone. Sitting beside him is his wife, Marina Lee Abdullah.
Following are some of the videos I took last night:
PAS supporters cheering on Raja Petra.
Raja Petra waving to supporters whilst smoking his cigar in style. Listen to the honking sound! They never stopped honking =D
And those PAS supporters created a new song for Raja Petra – Raja Petra Yang Mulia...
For more of last night’s videos, please check my Youtube page. You can find videos of speeches given by RPK during his stay in KT for the by-election campaign in the related videos column.
Doesn’t he look cool with his cigar? (:

Steven,
ReplyDeleteThis is a nice field report.
Btw, I've added link to your blog at mine.
They deserve it..
ReplyDeleteso BN...what will Najib do?
Commit suicide if I were KJ and PLah....
Honor before country.
I do love to read ur blog, its like I can be back in KT for a while...and I do miss it sometimes...
ReplyDeleteI hope u guys have the best!
see ya (I hope)
Ealao! You said it all bro! I might as well link the readers to your blog.. malas aku nok tulis.. hope you dont mind XD
ReplyDeletesaid it all? lol. well, I wont mind having free traffic from you though. hahaha.
ReplyDelete@kelly, Kelly. well, I do hope you enjoyed my posts so far. hehe. but I'm leaving soon for studies and will not be blogging about Terengganu this often. Maybe blog about Malacca more often instead. haha.
ReplyDeletewow a pic with RPK..haha i am jealous.. XD
ReplyDeletelol. cheers mate ;)
ReplyDelete