Small Talk: Attention to all ex-LCDS members, come join us at Facebook – I’ve created a group for us, the LCDS Alumni.
Last Tuesday I revisited Merang Suria Holiday Camp. A place I lived in for almost three months in early 2008. A year had passed so fast but the wonderful memories during my stay there are still fresh and vivid in my mind.
With me were Soo Hong who also ‘graduated’ from MSHC (same year with me but different batch) and Ivan, who haven’t experience NS life although he had the chance to do so.
Nothing much changed there. Things are still the same, only that they’ve built a new tower for the flying fox. The new tower is far higher than the previous one. Too bad I didn’t go take a picture of it.

Photo credit goes to Soo Hong.
Meanwhile, at the canteen (dewan makan), the admins changed the tables and chairs. At the guys’ section, the tables were changed to brand new ones while plastic chairs replaced the benches we used to sit and lay on.
Cikgu Azri and Cikgu Wati left last year and there’s a few new trainers and teachers whom I’ve not met before. I met most of the teachers – Cikgu Razak (KJ during my time), Cikgu Ismail, Cikgu Jai, Cikgu Zul, Cikgu Asadi, Cikgu Nik, Cikgu Firdaus, Cikgu Sabri and what surprised me the most is to see Cikgu Anuar there!
Believe it or not, Cikgu Anuar (our beloved papa), who quitted being a NS trainer last year, made his comeback. He rejoined NS as a trainer in December and boy I’m so glad he’s back! He must’ve missed the kids and I’m sure all of us (Paradigma members) missed him a lot too!
The trainees should feel grateful to have Cikgu Anuar back. I dare say he’s one of the best trainers around – with his strict commando style. Oh, by the way, Cikgu Anuar bought a new motorcycle. He said the red Yamaha Sport he used to ride was too fast – accelerate one time straight away hit 180kmh. I laughed when he joked about it. He now rides on his Yamaha Lagenda. Yes, red colour also.
If you think NS is crap, think again – why am I missing it so much? Hope you have a nice weekend ahead (=
Hai Steven..
ReplyDeletepegi kem dgn ivan erk..
bestnye dpt g kem.
saya pun rasa nak pergi jumpa
cikgu2 kta kat sana..
tapi xde masa lagi..
klau kerusi kayu dulu dah dtukar dgn kerusi
plastik jadi xdela denda usung krusi cam dulu lg..
huhu..
haha. yala.. xleh nak suroh angkat krusi.. tp meja baru ade banyak tu.. haha..
ReplyDeleteit sure brought back some memories of me at the camp!..
ReplyDeletebtw i was on the 2nd batch, same with soo hong...
nice ter meet ya...><
http://fufu-uthopia.blogspot.com/
feel free to visit me thou!...=P
Hi fufu, never thought kumpulan 2 trainee would have stumbled upon my blog. Thanks for dropping by. I'm sure you still are missing the sweet moments during NS, because I feel the same as well. hahaha. nice to meet you too. (:
ReplyDeleteis it there are many changes at MSHC? so miss the place..^o^
ReplyDeleteHi Shirley :)
ReplyDeleteWell, not much has changed. And changes I saw were all that I've stated in the post. No idea if there's any changes in the dorms though cox I didn't go into the dorms. Not very appropriate to go in. All in all, nothing much has changed since the past 12 months (=
Hi, I was from Kump1/siri6/2009 at MSHC. Cikgu Anuar is my Bravo teacher too. He is one of a kind. Hahaha well there are really sweet memories during the camp. It's fun watching back all the pictures u posted. So thoughtful of u to visit the camp again..
ReplyDeleteJamie
-Kuantan-
Hey there Jamie! It sounds like u had fun there and I'm really glad u did (= Hmm.. maybe you've seen me around - i used to go to the temple in town to look at u guys, but I went for like once or twice only. Because I had to go to Melaka to study. I always miss the NS times (=
ReplyDeleteAnyway, talking about visiting the camp, it has been quite some time since I last went back.. Hmm.. I'll consider paying a visit to the teachers there next week during my midterm break, if I have time to drive up there. lol.
Leave ur link so that we can keep in touch, Jamie. I'll see u soon (=