Small Talk: I’m leaving on Sunday )=
I might be limping during CNY because I picked up an injury at my right knee. Let’s just hope it’ll recover before next Monday.
There are too many things I wanna do in year 2009. So many that if I list them all out, I might not finish until CNY ends. Therefore, I’ll list out only top five resolutions and of course they’re the priority amongst the others.
#5 To host my own blog.
I’ve been thinking about this for quite some time now and I believe the time will come pretty soon for me to host my own blog instead of having it hosted on Blogger. Not to say that I’m sick of Blogger, it’s just that I’d prefer to move on and try something new. Wordpress 2.7 is sort of irresistible, by the way.
#4 Study well.
This. Is a must. Hope I can cope with studies at MMU since I’ve not been in contact with books and stationeries for quite some time. Gotta get back the momentum of studying and go kick some arse.
#3 Join a half-marathon.
I’ve always thought about joining marathons. It’s just that I didn’t search for information about marathon events and I don’t do proper trainings for it. Well, 2009 is the time for me to kick start my first ever marathon run. Maybe I’ll start with half-marathon before I slowly advance into full marathons. Trust me, it takes some time.
#2 Get a DSLR.
Preferably a Nikon D60, although I won’t mind getting a D40 since I’m still a beginner. You don’t need to spend on super cameras at entry-level. If you come across any offers for second-hand D40 or D60, please don’t hesitate to lemmi know aight? (:
#1 Travel more and more and more!!
I’m an avid traveller. Keep me at one place for long and I’ll start thinking about going somewhere. Anywhere, as long as I can travel. This year I might return to Pulau Redang with some friends and am thinking of visiting Penang for the fooooooood. Recently, Penang was ranked 22nd in the list of 44 places to go in 2009 by the New York Times. Now, gimme a reason why shouldn’t I visit that heaven for food lovers like me?
The resolutions above wasn’t listed in any particular order. Moving on to the list of things I’d like to own in 2009.

Image credit: digitalreview.ca
#1 A DSLR. Preferably a Nikon D60 kit or a Nikon D40 kit. I know, I know I’ve written about DSLR up there but kids, this is called the repetitive technique (in essays). Now can you imagine how much I’d wanna own a DSLR yet? Hehe.
#2 A pair of Adidas futsal shoes. The Adidas F50 (yellow) indoor soccer shoes were no longer on the racks when I went to have a look at al-Ikhsan yesterday. How sad. But I’ll keep looking until I get it. Or if I can’t get it...

Image credit: sneaksngear.com
adiPURE (the one worn by Kaka currently) is quite pretty too. But err.. let’s wait for the price to drop first.
#3 A pair of running shoes.

Image credit: footlocker.com
Preferably Adidas adiZERO series. I need them for my very first half-marathon race, which will be coming real soon. Don’t ask me why am I so obsessed with Adidas shoes, I just love them.
#4 A laptop. Preferably Compaq Presario. But this is unlikely to happen unless either I give up on DSLR (which will most probably NOT happen) OR I win a lottery of few thousand Ringgit (which is also unlikely to happen since I don’t spend on lotteries) OR I’m lucky enough to get sponsored by the Terengganu government – you know lah, they all very rich wan ma... Standard Five also can get soooo many laptops, I’m future software engineer leh, how can never get, correct?
#5 A backpack for travelling purposes. What’s a traveller without a backpack, right? Hehe.
#6 Err... No point to continue writing this list since I won’t have the money to buy them all. It’s just a wish list after all. I just want a DSLR to shoot pretty pictures, two pairs of Adidas sneakers to play and to run, respectively.
That’s all. Chinese New Year coming soon!! Choy san dou ar!! Come come make me richer, can? lol. What do you want to do, or, what would you like to own in year 2009? Come share your thoughts with me (:
I'm drooling at the thought of that camera too!
ReplyDeleteI can feel u, man. lol!
ReplyDeletei've got a D60 kit, but aint selling it... great for amateur like me...
ReplyDeleteGet your resolutions worked out for 2009!
Happy Chinese New Year to you, Steven...
Nikon's good piece of technology aint it, Marvin? haha. Thanks mate, sure will try my best man ;)
ReplyDeleteI think I will write a small review bout some budget DSLR in my blog,still finding more info bout'em though.Hope I can finish them by tonight,feel free to check it out!!!
ReplyDeleteGood. Looking forward to it (=
ReplyDeleteWah so many things on your wish list.
ReplyDeleteI am dying to get a Nikon D90 so badly as well.
Switch to Wordpress!!! You won't regret it.