Small Talk: With a lot of developments in Kuala Terengganu, I mean from town area to around Gong Badok area, we're gonna have bandaraya like Malacca. Not to say K. Trg isn't big, it's just that Malacca is well-developed compared to Kuala Terengganu.
Hello world. Yes, I am. I am one of the MMU freshies. CNY celebration was so and so and I got to Malacca the day before the MMU registration day. January intake consists of very little newbies compared to June intake, as far as I'm concerned.
Moved into Ixora apartment (I think it's more like a condo since it has facilities like gym and swimming pool) and still alone in the apartment unit because all my housemates are away for holidays. Yes, they are my seniors, but I've yet to meet any of them. Hope they're friendly people. Period.
Met plenty of people throughout the three-day long orientation programme. Nothing special but we were briefed on things like about our PTPTN loan, our welfare in the uni, our financial bla bla bla. Anything and everything that's related to us lah. My friend asked me if there's any leng lui there but I didn't wanna disappoint him so I told him 'well, all also can see lah'. lol.
That was a pure lame joke. Anyway, I managed to make plenty of friends here. Knew some Malaccans, some who came from as near as Segamat and Kluang in Johore whilst some flew all the way from Sarawak to study here. Glad to say I'm the only one from KT in this January intake. I don't mean that I'm really glad it's just that I prefer to use 'glad to say' rather than to use 'sad to say'. Moving to Malacca to study in the ahem ahem 'largest private university in Malaysia' (fuh! glamour..) shouldn't be something sad, correct?
I know some must be disappointed to see no images in this post. Sorry lor, I don't have a laptop and I can't simply install photo-editing software on cyber-cafe's computer, and I had to attend the orientation programme and yada yada... Well, you get my drift. Normal yet more entertaining updates will come later, wait till I settled down here. You can call this kind of posts 'abnormal' if you like.
I'm doing Foundation in Information Technology, if you're not aware of it yet. Don't ask me why I pick this course because I'm not gonna waste my time to tell you that I prefer IT over everything else (for instance, Engineering which is a killer-course to me or management which is certainly not my cup of tea). There's only a few students doing the same course - one young Chinese lady, three Chinese guys (including yours sincerely), two Indian guys and a Malay guy or two or three... actually I'm not quite sure.
Anyway, class is starting this Monday and hopefully things will go well, for me at least. You know, everytime I talk to my friends who've been studying in colleges, they always tell me things like got quiz, got class in the morning, got tutorial, got lecture, got whatever related to college lah. Now, I can proudly tell my friends that 'I have class on Monday morning'. Loudly, unhesitatingly (=
To my friends back in KT, Happy Chinese New Year and do take care. If you're studying in MMU too, mind to go yum char together? I won't mind making more new friends, y'know. We can go play futsal or football together in the evening, want?
Hehe. =D
I have giveaway at my blog, come see.
ReplyDeleteNice web layout you have. I was ex-MMU student graduated in year 2003. I lived in Taman Dahlia previously. Now suffering paying back PTPTN. Don't take it if you can afford.
ReplyDeleteYes as Waco said.. suffering paying back PTPTN.. BEWARE! Loaning like 64,000 or 80,000 is gonna kill you later on.. I was ex-MMU before anyway, totally naive of $ that time. Do visit my blog @ kwoonfai.blogspot.com and take my career quiz.. freebies for juniors like you^^ http://quiz.applatform.com/track/?i=295492&h=1dffb932bb8c49188acd794fb3cdfdf6
ReplyDelete