My blog has moved to an awesome new home!

You should be automatically redirected shortly. Please click here if the magic didn't happen.

Monday, 5 January 2009

Last Day Of 2008

Small Talk: I'm going back to visit the trainers at Merang Suria Holiday Camp tomorrow. Anyone wants to follow? And I'm planning to go hibernate at Fraser's Hill next week - again, anyone wants to follow? I don't mind bringing a companion.


On the last day of 2007, I was at Merang Suria Holiday Camp. No computer, no Internet, only some new friends and a lot of unknown trainees. No chance to blog about my New Year's resolutions. Maybe that's why 2008 turned out to be so unproductive. Anyway, we wished each other a 'Happy New Year' with the lights off.

On the last day of 2008, things were different of course. A lot of friends - close or not - were back in our hometown after staying in other states (and for some, other countries) for so many months. I wasted the day not.

Early in the morning, I completed my medical check-up at the hospital and posted my offer reply to Multimedia University via courier service. That afternoon, I was lucky to have Nien to accompany me. Well, actually she should thank me as well, or else it'd have been an empty last-day-of-2008-afternoon for her. lol.

So I picked her up and she followed me to post the letters and to buy a birthday cake, which was for Stanley.

After the sun set, I joined some friends for steamboat at Tian Kee restaurant. Quite an expensive place to hang out but since New Year's eve gathering only happens once a year (or lesser), it's the quality time that counts, not the money.

Time is gold. Your head! You can't buy time with gold. Same goes to friendships and the happy moments we spent with friends - it's priceless.


Too bad Yen didn't join us 

Things are not always perfect. Toothache struck and it spoiled my mood. I almost spoiled Meng Chun's night when I carelessly spilled my glass of tea onto his hip. I got uneasy and blurry when toothache struck. Thank God it wasn't hot tea, or else it's gonna be a hot New Year for him.

I left Tian Kee earlier for Ewen's steamboat-and-bbq-mini-party. Equal lots of people there and most of them are my secondary schoolmates aka my teammates aka my kakis. lol. I brought along Stanley because I planned to give him a surprise birthday celebration.

We talked, we joked, we laughed and we had fun. Toothache eventually found its way out of me that night. We even bought three bottles of Heineken and shared it among almost 15 people. Counted down to midnight of New Year and we gulped down a small cup of beer each.

Yum seng! And that marked the start of a brand new year.

New Year's celebration was added with a birthday celebration. Stanley is one lucky boy. I took out the cake with the lighted candles while Ewen offed the light and together we sang him a birthday song. He must've been on cloud nine.

1st of January 2009 wasn't just a brand new day of a brand new year - it was also the day Stanley celebrated his 9th birthday.

My last day of 2008 has been pretty wonderful. Hope yours was great too (:

No comments:

Post a Comment